Send Topic Print
Heroin (Read 351 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Heroin
Aug 12th, 2019 at 6:06pm

Heroin is a curse from hell.  Addiction is rampant in the Northeast as it is in many other places.  In the past four years I know personally at least a dozen people who have ODed and died.  Last month Chrissie's (my ex gf) twenty six year old sister died of an overdose a few weeks after having her baby.  Immediate family members and old school buddies of mine are addicts.  Some people can't afford their pain meds and turn to Heroin as a cheap solution.  Unfortunately it doesn't stay cheap for long. I don't know if most people realize the scope of this epidemic.   It is a major problem. 
     Those of you who have read my posts know that I haven't been a saint.  I've done my share of partying, though those days are behind me now.  I'm grateful that I never became a Heroin addict.  The opportunity was certainly there. 
     I guess this is just a rant because I really don't see a solution.  I wish I did. It seems impossible to stop.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini)