Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello from Washington State (Read 1695 times)
Slingky
Tiro

Everett, WA
Hello from Washington State
Aug 4th, 2019 at 5:51pm

Greetings,

I'm brand new to this forum, and am thankful for all the help that I've already received. I was introduced to slinging by a family friend when I was a teenager, was wowed by the slinging stories he told, and have enjoyed slinging recreationally (if only too occasionally) ever since. I'd like to improve my aim and someday be able to capture a really nice shot on video.

I also enjoy handcrafting different styles / colors of slings and have made around 125 slings in the past year.

Attached are photos of some of the different kinds of slings that I've made.

Thanks!

Stitch_Main_B.jpg (104 KB | 29 )
Stitch_Main_B.jpg
DSCF1079.jpg (95 KB | 31 )
DSCF1079.jpg
Blue_Camo.jpg (149 KB | 25 )
Blue_Camo.jpg
Desert_Camo_B.jpg (146 KB | 30 )
Desert_Camo_B.jpg
IP Logged

Frondeur

I'm the lead slinger in
a hard rock band

France
Re: Hello from Washington State
Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 2:39am

Bienvenue from francia!

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 3:09am

Welcome from northern maine.  I spent a few months up in the san juan islands, a few years back. Beautiful area

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #3 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 9:53am

125 slings in a year Shocked
You've definitely been keeping busy.

The photos all look great!  Welcome from Pennsylvania!

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #4 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 12:43pm

these stories - was there, by any chance, one about killing fish with a big flat stone ?

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Greenjay
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 1:16pm

125 slings in a year,I'm envious I just don't have the time.
Howdy from texas

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #6 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 4:21pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on Aug 5th, 2019 at 12:43pm:
these stories - was there, by any chance, one about killing fish with a big flat stone ?

All I'll say is: Don't.

Welcome from Finland Slingky!

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Slingky
Tiro

Everett, WA
Reply #7 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 7:06pm

Nope, our friend just had a bunch of fun stories about slinging that made slinging sound really fun. Then, he showed us how to make a sling with a piece of scrap leather and paracord, and my brother and I were hooked. We had a massive erosion by our house, and so my brother and I would hop down into the erosion and sling rocks up against the sand walls to see if we could knock big chunks of sand off the wall. One of my early lessons in sling safety / clearance came when I started slinging too close to a large boulder that was embedded behind me in the erosion. On one of my backswings, my pouch hit the boulder, then bounced the rock out of the pouch and into my left shoulder.  Tongue Oops. Shoulder smarted, but coulda been worse.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #8 - Aug 5th, 2019 at 9:17pm

Hi Slingky;
    Welcome from New Jersey.  Nice looking slings.

IP Logged

TheJackinati

Slinging Rocks!

Australia
Reply #9 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 9:48am

Howdy from Western Australia. Wink

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #10 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 10:28pm

@CA: It must be true because an old shaman showed it to me in an ancient book. There was only one copy and it erased itself as soon as I read about it, so I can’t show it to you and you’ll just have to trust me! LOL

...and howdy from Texas!  Those are some nice looking slings.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Genghisken
Tiro

If you can't be good...be
good AT IT!

Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Reply #11 - Aug 7th, 2019 at 8:50am

Greetings,

I really like the way you craft your slings  -- in fact I believe I just ordered two from you on Amazon unless someone is copying your style.

At any rate I'm sure I'll be coming to you later to commission a longer sling, once I'm more comfortable slinging again.

I had woven a double strand pocket sling 12 years ago but I can't even remember how to braid anymore.  I used to toss tennis balls with it when the wind cooperated.  I like your slings better.

IP Logged

Kindor
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

western oregon
Reply #12 - Aug 7th, 2019 at 10:50am

Very nice looking slings slingky, welcome from Oregon.

IP Logged

Slingky
Tiro

Everett, WA
Reply #13 - Aug 7th, 2019 at 7:20pm

Genghisken wrote on Aug 7th, 2019 at 8:50am:
Greetings,

I really like the way you craft your slings  -- in fact I believe I just ordered two from you on Amazon unless someone is copying your style.

At any rate I'm sure I'll be coming to you later to commission a longer sling, once I'm more comfortable slinging again.

I had woven a double strand pocket sling 12 years ago but I can't even remember how to braid anymore.  I used to toss tennis balls with it when the wind cooperated.  I like your slings better.

@Genghisken
Thanks for your encouraging thoughts here and in the other post Smiley In terms of the Amazon order, yes, that was from me and I shipped it out yesterday eve. before dinner. I think the ETA from the Post Office said this Friday. When your package arrives and you open the box, make sure that you DON'T pitch the invoice. Unbeknownst to you, you ended up being my first order on Amazon, and milestone customers can have interesting things show up in their box or on their invoice (besides the slings) that they won't want to throw away.
I'm game for a commissioned sling, so whenever you're ready, feel free to zip me a line. With many thanks, Slingky

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark)