Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Break the Padlock with sling (Read 3154 times)
timpa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Stones in the horizon

Finland
Break the Padlock with sling
Jul 12th, 2019 at 6:29pm

I refer to the legality of the sling:
now the police can confiscate the sling because it is a burglary tool. Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LBnDmblCWQ

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Re: Break the Padlock with sling
Reply #1 - Jul 12th, 2019 at 11:37pm

Nice shooting Timpa!
That’s a really unusual looking lock.  I have a big collection of keyless locks, but it’s mostly to practice lock picking for fun.  I’d love to try picking one of those. If you come across another one, I’d trade you a monkey’s fist lanyard for it.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #2 - Jul 13th, 2019 at 11:57am

They're super common in Finland. They are THE Finnish lock and like Timpa says in the video have been around a long time now. I'm pretty sure you can buy them in some of the larger supermarkets. I would send one but I already have one of your monkey fist lanyards Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #3 - Jul 13th, 2019 at 6:56pm

Nice slinging, Timpa.  As I mentioned on Youtube, I didn't expect stones to break the lock.  I thought you'd have to resort to ball bearings. Live and learn.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #4 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 1:19pm

Good hits!  And a nice show of some precision with a pirouette throw.

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
past-moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 1:28pm

Good job, Timpa.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #6 - Jul 14th, 2019 at 11:15pm

Kick wrote on Jul 13th, 2019 at 11:57am:
They're super common in Finland. They are THE Finnish lock and like Timpa says in the video have been around a long time now. I'm pretty sure you can buy them in some of the larger supermarkets. I would send one but I already have one of your monkey fist lanyards Cheesy

If Timpa isn’t interested, I’m sure we could come to some other arrangement Kick Smiley
It might take me a few weeks to finish my current project before I can put another one together, but I’ve been playing with a 6-strand round braid sling cord that gradually tapers off like a bull whip.  I’ll post pictures when ithe first one is finished. Maybe I could send you an asymmetric sling with a tapered release cord instead of a monkey fist lanyard in exchange for a lock I can’t buy in the States?

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #7 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 3:30am

That does sound interesting Cheesy

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

timpa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Stones in the horizon

Finland
Reply #8 - Jul 15th, 2019 at 4:58pm

Thank you fellows  Smiley
When I started throwing, I didn't know how the padlock would last. When I looked at the video, I assume that the lock remained only one or two hits.

NooneOfConcequence and Kick:  If you can handle this case, it's good!  Smiley

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #9 - Jul 16th, 2019 at 12:31am

Roger that Timpa. Your secret identity is safe!

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #10 - Jul 16th, 2019 at 4:14pm

You know I'm just impressed that you can hit anything with that style - let alone  a tiny target like that Thumbs Up

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

timpa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Stones in the horizon

Finland
Reply #11 - Jul 16th, 2019 at 6:24pm

Thanks CA  Smiley I'm so long thrown this style that I am accustomed to it. Smiley

NoOC:
SmileyNot my identity is sooo secret. But if you get a lock from Kick, that's good.
For example: I have sent a sling to Canada:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-_n2DlDm1U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0kk-BzvyD8
^^In the video, he slinging for the first time in his life.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #12 - Jul 17th, 2019 at 6:39am

I'm heading off to the summer cottage for a few days so it'll be a while until I get the chance to get hold of a lock but I'll get on it once I'm back in Helsinki Smiley

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #13 - Jul 17th, 2019 at 7:50pm

No rush Kick. With a newborn in the house, I’m moving pretty slow on projects these days.

@Timpa... I was joking about the secret identity, but if you want a monkey’s fist lanyard from Texas, I’d be happy to send you one with or without a trade.  With all of the entertainment I’ve gotten out of your videos, you’ve earned it!

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #14 - Jul 18th, 2019 at 1:48am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Jul 17th, 2019 at 7:50pm:
No rush Kick. With a newborn in the house, I’m moving pretty slow on projects these days.

@Timpa... I was joking about the secret identity, but if you want a monkey’s fist lanyard from Texas, I’d be happy to send you one with or without a trade.  With all of the entertainment I’ve gotten out of your videos, you’ve earned it!

Isn't Timpa dangerous enough? Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, vetryan15, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Kick)