Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wrench identification (Read 345 times)
J
Interfector Viris Spurii

Wrench identification
Jul 4th, 2019 at 10:44am

Does anyone know what the name of this tool is?

I have put down my sword (sling) and put my dependance on Christ, God.

IP Logged

Teg
Interfector Viris Spurii

Central Europe
Re: Wrench identification
Reply #1 - Jul 4th, 2019 at 10:54am

IP Logged

J
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #2 - Jul 4th, 2019 at 10:59am

Teg wrote on Jul 4th, 2019 at 10:54am:

You're quick, thank you, that's it. Didn't know what it was. Thought it was some type of speciality tool, but its universal, so that is cool too. It was a thrift store find for cheap and its basically new.

IP Logged

Teg
Interfector Viris Spurii

Central Europe
Reply #3 - Jul 4th, 2019 at 3:57pm

You're welcome. Honestly, I have never seen such a thing myself before you posted the picture and I was a curious myself. It looks to me a bit like the crossover of a monkey wrench (or "Englšnder" in German, you as a dutch person might understand that  Wink ) with a ratchet.  So this should be called "englische Ratsche" in German  Roll Eyes

How does it handle? Is it usable? My experience with these "can do everything tools" is, that their often a bit flimsy

IP Logged

J
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #4 - Jul 4th, 2019 at 5:22pm

It looks and feels decent, not super high quality but good enough for what I paid (2.5e). I think it will come in handy one day. I always like scouting the thrift store for tools. Tools are just so expensive when bought new. I took a little risk with this one as I had no idea what it was but it seemed useful. There was a very old monkey wrench too but it was in too bad condition. I like monkey wrenches. A good adjustable spanner here costs about 40 to 50 euros but an old monkey wrench will often do the job just as fine.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark) - (Moderator Group: Forum Moderator)