Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
New Ghostly Manifestations (Read 11048 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: New Ghostly Manifestations
Reply #15 - Jun 25th, 2019 at 12:26pm

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Jun 23rd, 2019 at 8:59am:
Rat Man wrote on Jun 18th, 2019 at 4:42pm:
   If life has taught me one thing it's that there are MANY things that modern science doesn't know.

Philosophically speaking, the spiritual realm is, by definition, outside the scope of science except where the spiritual and physical intersect and there is some physical evidence that can be measured. If ghosts and such turned out to be some multidimensional trickery that still obeys the laws of this universe, then they aren’t spiritual at all. Otherwise when a scientist claims any expertise about such things, it is only because of scientific arrogance and the fact that many scientists don’t understand the meaning of the scientific method.

So much that we take for granted as fact now was considered supernatural or witchcraft just a handful of generations ago.  I truly believe that such supernatural phenomenon as mentioned here will one day be included within the realm of science.  One big stumbling block is that there is so much hokum and bulljive out there. For every one real occurrence of some supernatural event there are probably hundreds if not thousands of fake ones.  The same can be said for UFOs.  I'm 99% certain they are real yet there are so many false sightings that people who actually do see something are afraid to come forward out of fear of being branded a nut case.

IP Logged

Eudave

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #16 - Jul 1st, 2019 at 3:48pm

i was sitting in a seance with my cat on my lap .I saw a tremendous burst of color in my head. the cat took of  and sat trembling in the corner. Hard to say what he saw but to me it seemed like parrots in a kaleidoscope i

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #17 - Jul 4th, 2019 at 4:12pm

I've had premonitions, both in dreams and when wide awake so I know they're real.  Unfortunately they can be decades apart so recreating them in a laboratory environment would be next to impossible.  I like to keep an open mind.  There are things I've experienced that modern science can't account for yet.  Ghosts or whatever you want to call them I was skeptical about.  These days they're like a regular part of my life.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #18 - Jul 29th, 2019 at 8:40pm

The natives are restless.  It seems that my supernatural residents have the ability to exert physical force when they want to.  First it was them jamming the back door as I mentioned previously.  Last night I got home from bowling.  I walked up to my front door, barely touched it, and the big glass pane in it exploded into a million pieces.  Now that was weird.  When I got in the house Pandora was fenced in the bedroom with a baby gate.  But she was loose when I left the house and Mike saw her loose and even gave her treats in the livingroom.  So how did she get gated into the bedroom?    The glass door exploding was as violent as they've gotten so far.  Yet I don't believe it was an attempt to injure me.  I'm taking it as a warning about....  something?  The weirdest part; you'd think a glass door blowing up in your face for no reason would be terrifying.  Not at all.  It's just another day around here. 

Edit:  The most disturbing part about all of this is that it's not terrifying.  I could watch a movie about all of this stuff happening to someone and it would scare the poop out of me.  So why isn't it frightening in real life?  I really don't understand it at all.  How is it that I'm completely comfortable living in a totally haunted house?

door.JPG (47 KB | 49 )
door.JPG

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #19 - Jul 30th, 2019 at 12:45am

One question... Was the gate already set up in the bedroom doorway? Could she merely have jumped over it and stayed in there? Did your roommate set it up?

So I've mentioned some experiences I've had in previous threads. I'm a spiritual person, largely due to the fact that I've had experiences that I can't really explain; lots of them. I don't even get psyched out by them anymore. I just accept the world's a bit bigger and weirder than current science is ready to acknowledge. Here's another that happened something like 8 years ago.

I had recently got into a fight with an in-law. I very rarely get into verbal arguments with people. Despite my sometimes outspoken posts on here, I'm actually pretty laid back for the most part but this person had stepped over the line and I said some stuff before I realized I was even saying it.

So I was fuming over it the next day playing a game on the computer and I think I just let it go on too long. I finally was thinking something like "screw this I'm just going to do what I want" in relation to any consequences with this person or my life in general. (The details of the debate don't really matter here).

Anyways, as soon as I thought that in my head I had a really vivid picture of a woman in my head, almost like I was actually seeing someone with my eyes it was so vivid. She said to me "What am I going to do with you?" Then she raised her hands in frustration and folded her arms. She had sort of a look of half frustration and half amusement on her face. There was a sense of familiarity about her. Almost like I knew her, but at the very least she seemed to know me really well.

I was shocked. I had no earthly idea of what just happened. Never had an experience like that before. I was thinking to myself "What was THAT?" Then half jokingly thought hey maybe it's my guardian angel of something. Then, "Could an angel even do that? Do they do that?"  I was prepared to pass this off as a weird daydream caused by me being upset.

Then very distinctly as if a reply to my questioning what an angel could do I heard her say "Someone will come through that door right now".

Sure enough, not more than a second or two later there was a knock on the door and the same in-law walked in without waiting for a response and gave me something as sort of a reconciliation gift. She walked in and my mouth hit the floor. I wasn't even mad about her not waiting for me to say come in lol. She gave me a bag of M&M's or something and mentioned someone had given them to her. She's more stubborn than I am which is saying something but I kind of figured it was her way of apologizing and the whole time I was just staring at her with my mouth open dumbfounded lol.

All this happened over the course of a minute or two so I didn't have a chance to process it at all. It really sort of shocked me a bit. To this day I don't know what that was about. I've not had another experience like that one and I've had plenty of frustrating experiences before and since that so it's not like I'm prone to such things lol... Anyways, just one more thing I've had to log away in my mind.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #20 - Jul 30th, 2019 at 2:40pm

No, I'm certain the gate was down when I left.  I crate Benji when I'm gone.  He's a bad boy if I leave him loose in the house on his own.  The only reason the gate is ever up is to keep Benji out of the bedroom where he can hide in the closet.  Once he wedges himself in the closet he's impossible to get out.  Benji was crated and the gate was down when I left.  Mike never touches the gate.  He has no reason to. He remembers it being down when he fed Pandora some Chinese food in the livingroom earlier that evening. 
    Max is terrified of the kitchen chairs.  He  didn't start out that way. It's something that's gradually increased over time. He won't go near them.  If I want him to go out I have to make sure I've pushed them completely under the table.  It makes me wonder if the chairs get moved around when I'm not there. Maybe I can install a cheap security camera or something.  Or maybe I don't want to know. LOL.
   Could your womanly apparition be a deceased relative, Morphy?  A grandmother or great grandmother?

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #21 - Jul 30th, 2019 at 2:53pm

Ya sometimes it's better not knowing for sure lol. I'm totally with you on that. Reminds me of that scene from Poltergeist with the chairs. Great movie...  Grin

She might be a relative. It's possible. Or maybe I had some bad food haha.... Really you always want to classify this stuff as just in your mind but the problem comes when you try to understand why it's never happened before or since. I think if that experience was in fact something other than a huge coincidence that perhaps it's a long dead relative looking out for me. There's a lot of stories out there of people having such experiences. I try to stay open minded to all possibilities.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #22 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 5:25am

Even if it's just in your mind, everything is a part of the universe. Things that are just in your mind are simply made of different stuff from everything else, doesn't mean they aren't real Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #23 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 6:56pm

True and that is a good way to look at it. While I would like to think just maybe there was more to it than all in the mind I also find a certain peace being able to admit I don't know for sure and being totally fine with that as well.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #24 - Jul 31st, 2019 at 11:08pm

Here's something a little off topic but strange.  Several times I've had dreams that I can play piano.  I play piano now but in my own bizarre way.  In the dream I am sight reading complicated pieces and playing them to perfection.  I am really good; a maestro. In reality I understand the fundamentals of reading music and can do so, but at a snails pace,  I have lacked the discipline and have  been too lazy to learn to sight read.  I mostly play by ear.  The strange part is that it's not like I'm looking at a movie of me playing piano.  I genuinely understand completely what I'm doing.  I have the physical memory. I know the music inside and out and how to sight read.  The knowledge stays with me for a few seconds after I'm awake then fades. Then I'm back where I started.  The only explanation I can come up with for this is that this is knowledge passed down from some ancestor like a race memory.  Otherwise this baffles me.  How nice it would be if it would stay with me for more than a few seconds after I wake up.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #25 - Aug 3rd, 2019 at 11:23pm

Kick wrote on Jul 31st, 2019 at 5:25am:
Even if it's just in your mind, everything is a part of the universe. Things that are just in your mind are simply made of different stuff from everything else, doesn't mean they aren't real Cheesy

Obviously you can’t say something like this without a reference to Descarte’s demon!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_demon

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #26 - Aug 4th, 2019 at 1:28am

Well exactly! There's nothing to say that all our experiences aren't actually completely false. As such "reality" is really just a shared hallucination. All our experiences are the product of inputs from our senses, processing by our brains and outputs that are interpreted by our minds. There are multiple degrees of seperation between "how things ready are" and what we experience. I kind of see it that experiences or impressions can very greatly and deeply affect some people and for others they don't but the second persons experience doesn't invalidate the first persons. With religion, to touch on a dangerous subject Cheesy, I don't particularly gain anything fronm a church service whilst other people can get a lot of strength or reassurance or comfort from it. We all have our own realities so it's important to recognise that and maybe try to share and understand those realities with others. Conversation is where reality is made Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #27 - Aug 4th, 2019 at 5:17am

Musical dreams are some of my favorite. Something about dreams seems to connect us to a realm of pure creativity and creation. Like our subconscious mind has already figured a lot of stuff in our daily life out without our conscious mind being able to tap into it. I used to have dreams about playing the guitar and this music I would play would just come through me effortlessly. Like it already existed somewhere  and I was simply translating it into this reality. It would go on and on without repeating and yet really deep and it was a feeling of pure creativity. Very cool feeling.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #28 - Aug 7th, 2019 at 11:13am

In many haunted house movies and books one or more of the victims is lulled into complacency then cooperation by whatever is doing the ghostly deeds.  The Shining is one of many examples.  I never thought I could live in a haunted house let alone be just fine with it. I have no reaction whatsoever to things that should be giving me the eeby jeebies.  It makes me wonder.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #29 - Aug 7th, 2019 at 11:11pm

I’m telling you RM... ghosts are not something to mess around with.  I don’t think “ghosts” are former humans or well-intended angels, and I don’t think you can assume they are harmless.  I used to know a pastor who got into doing exorcisms at his house in the evenings. He was even cataloguing demonic hierarchical structures as he worked to cast them out from people. He quit doing all of that shortly after one session during which his young daughter woke up, came downstairs, and said “daddy, I don’t want to die”.
Mess with them, and they will probably try to mess with you back.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini)