Send Topic Print
Hi (Read 2931 times)
NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Re: Hi
Reply #15 - Jun 21st, 2019 at 12:04am

@CA,
When someone says “I’m from Dallas” there’s almost always a pause, followed by “well actually I live in [insert name of Dallas suburb here]”
It might be Plano or Rockwall or Grand Prairie or Carrollton, but it’s easier to say you live in Dallas because you live in the Dallas area and nobody outside of the Dallas area knows where Rockwall is. I’ve had this conversation so many times that until I lived in Dallas myself I was convinced that nobody actually lived in Dallas proper.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Greenjay
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Hi
Reply #16 - Jun 21st, 2019 at 3:17am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Jun 21st, 2019 at 12:04am:
@CA,
When someone says “I’m from Dallas” there’s almost always a pause, followed by “well actually I live in [insert name of Dallas suburb here]”
It might be Plano or Rockwall or Grand Prairie or Carrollton, but it’s easier to say you live in Dallas because you live in the Dallas area and nobody outside of the Dallas area knows where Rockwall is. I’ve had this conversation so many times that until I lived in Dallas myself I was convinced that nobody actually lived in Dallas proper.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean ,whenever I tell someone iam from Arlington they think I mean virginia Sad

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Chris)