Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: Two stones technique
Reply #15 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 7:37am

nah, he's gone.
life is too short for some things. He was one of them.

As far as jean auel goes, pretty sure she was just making stuff up. Some authors do.
Dan brown is a good case in point.
He does a lot of research on the locations - holidays.
But very little on the actual science aspects.

If the books about something you know very little about, then they're great.
But if you know something about the scientific aspects, then you spend most of the book, mentally shouting: 'bollocks !'.
The one with the antimatter in the vatican, that really wound me up lol

I could have found it inside an hour, just by looking at which network extender it was attached to.  It was sending video, so using a fair bit of bandwidth too from an ip connected camera. Any half competent it guy would have found it really easily, while having his or her lunch.

And that, doesn't even account for the power drain of the container/ given that it would have needed superconductors and liquid nitrogen cooled coils to generate the required magnetic field. Not a couple of batteries.
Or for the fact that nobody has yet created and contained antimatter for any significant period of time - if at all.

That said - he is improving, the virology one was actually very good.

Anyway, I had done a fair bit of research into neanderthals before I started a cave bear book. And gave up fairly shortly thereafter Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Two stones technique
Reply #16 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 8:00am

Die Bücher sind gut lesbar. Die ersten beiden. Dann eher nicht mehr. Ich halte die Technik für nicht machbar. Es kann mir aber gerne jemand etwas anderes zeigen. Ich lerne gern. 😁

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Kick, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Rat Man)