Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
I Am the 947th Cheapest Person On Earth (Read 1810 times)
Jauke
Funditor

The Netherlands
Re: I Am the 947th Cheapest Person On Earth
Reply #30 - Apr 19th, 2019 at 6:50am

Only buy back here is on larger >1L plastic bottles and beer-sized glass bottles. It will usually say it on the label. No refunds on small plastic bottles or cans. Although most cans here are aluminium, and they're worth like 1.5 cents a pop in scrap value. Cans are everywhere though. If you're homeless you could probably collect a few hundred a day and sell them at the scrap yard, just enough to make a few bucks for daily bread. But then again, begging pays much more†

WWW jauke.dehaan.16  
IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #31 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 3:02pm

My cheapness knows no bounds.  After four and a half years of faithful service my dishwasher broke yesterday.  Today I did the dishes by hand.  I am very anal about my dishwater.  Everything is thoroughly rinsed before going in.  I don't understand people who wash their dishes in garbage. In that I have a single sink I wash the dishes in a big pot to the side and rinse them in the sink.  Usually after one use my dishwater is still reasonably clean so I save it for the next load.  That's right, I actually save dishwater.  I'll reheat it on the stove and use it at least one more time tonight on the dinner dishes.  Does anyone else reuse dishwater? Probably not.  Also, if it's going to cost an arm and a leg to repair the dishwasher I'll probably just do without.  Washing dishes by hand is easy and I do a better job than the dishwasher anyway.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Funditor

Texas
Reply #32 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 5:30pm

I just dumped a smelly old couch because it smelled like a combination of wet dog and vomit. I got the couch for free and it was great for years, but when my son threw up on it, the odor never went away (and no, he didnít throw up a wet dog).  Before I put the couch in a landfill, I had to remove all of the non-smelly leather for future slings. My next 200 slings will probably be made from the same brown leather Grin

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #33 - Jun 12th, 2019 at 7:20pm

Good use of an old couch, NOC.
On a happy note the dishwasher is fine. A breaker on an outside plug tripped. Though this should have had nothing to do with the dishwasher, it shut it down.†

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini) - (Moderator Group: Forum Moderator)