Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nålbinding Cap Comforter (Read 739 times)
Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Nålbinding Cap Comforter
Feb 15th, 2019 at 11:36am

About 4 months ago, I came across this video by CoyoteSlinger (I'm loving his vidoes) on how to make a cap comforter:
https://youtu.be/EC2blPUO1Z8

These hats/scarfs were (and still are) used by some militaries and came about just before the first world war as an easy cheap way to ensure soldiers heads stayed warm and had some padding under their helmets. I had seen pictures before of them but had never really thought much about how they were made. Watching the video though I realized "They're just tubes of wool stitched at both ends." The simplest piece of nålbinding you can do is a tube...

I wasn't expecting it to take so long but that's because I'm slow and I was very on/off and switching between projects. Finally though, it is done! Luckily it's just about still cold enough to use it. It's 4 layers thick at the brim so it's incredibly warm and comfortable.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: Nålbinding Cap Comforter
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2019 at 12:22pm

Awesome. I could use one.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #2 - Feb 15th, 2019 at 12:31pm

Well I would take commisions but knowing my work rate you would probably get it in 2020 and then it'll probably end up the wrong size Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #3 - Feb 15th, 2019 at 6:48pm

Nice, I would rock those.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark)