Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Something You Did That You Regret (Read 226 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Something You Did That You Regret
Feb 14th, 2019 at 1:17am

What do you regret doing?
   When I was nineteen I joined the army.  At the time I had a German Shepherd.  Schnitzel.  She was brilliant and I cared a great deal for her but I gave her away so I could enlist.  To this day it haunts me.

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Re: Something You Did That You Regret
Reply #1 - Feb 14th, 2019 at 6:38am

Oh, God where to begin?
Not making Eagle Scout
Not trying harder at school
Not going to college

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Mersa
Funditor

Druid

Australia
Reply #2 - Feb 14th, 2019 at 7:24am

Tabacco , horrible stuff. What a waste of money and health.

IP Logged

Kick
Interfector Viris Spurii

Finland
Reply #3 - Feb 14th, 2019 at 10:06am

Trust me, I know how it sounds and if other people do it I roll my eyes but... I don't really have any regrets. Whenever I start thinking too much about things that have happened and can't be changed, I remember the fact that in around 5 billion years time the Sun is going to expand and utterly destroy the Earth. Everything on this planet, and the planet itself, is going to be blasted into deep space as radioactive dust. It'll be like God himself swatting a fly. Hard to regret things when you know that no matter what mistakes you make, they won't be remembered and even if, by some twisted miracle, one of your mistakes is still remembered 5 billion years from now, everyone's going to be a bit too busy to think about it.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #4 - Feb 15th, 2019 at 12:27pm

Mersa wrote on Feb 14th, 2019 at 7:24am:
Tabacco , horrible stuff. What a waste of money and health.

Agreed. I smoked (and chewed toward the end) for about twenty years.  I quit about twenty eight years ago.  It's the best thing I ever did for myself.  I don't know how people can afford to smoke these days. It was expensive enough when I was smoking. It's astronomical now. The strangest thing is that most poor people smoke.  They can't afford decent food or a place to live but they have their tobacco.

IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5 - Feb 17th, 2019 at 12:26pm

I'm blessed to be mainly in Kick's camp. Even choices that didn't turn out as well as I'd like were fair choices at the time. Who I was then made a fair decision. I can't go back and judge myself when I made the best decision I could.

I do have a couple regrets though.

I wish I had learned discipline in highschool. I wish that I had put in the hours and work instead of just putting in what I had to.

I wish I had learned that you have to budget down time and recreation time. 1 hour of fun and 2 hours work is better than 3 hours of "work" that's halfheartedly done. I wasted so many hours doing things I didn't even enjoy instead of obeying the old "work while you work, play while you play"

But then that's just the old "Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test and then the lesson"

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Funditor

Texas
Reply #6 - Feb 22nd, 2019 at 1:10am

I might regret admitting to the things I regret Grin
Ok here’s one... I spent around $10,000 on a batch of custom backpack diaper bags that I couldn’t sell for a variety of reasons. It was an expensive education, but I’ll never need to buy myself a backpack ever again!

"Life IS pain, princess. Anyone who says otherwise is selling something.” -The Dread Pirate Roberts
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus) - (Moderator Group: Forum Moderator)