Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How many slings did you make this year? (Read 3473 times)
NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Re: How many slings did you make this year?
Reply #15 - Nov 29th, 2019 at 9:02am

Curious Aardvark wrote on Nov 29th, 2019 at 7:58am:
A basic 'how to' sheet would also be good in the box.
Been thiking about seriously marketing slings. And a sheet that clearly shows how to hold and use  abasic underarm throw is something I reckon is an essential inclusion.

And a sock and a couple elastic bands, to make a sock ball Smiley

Yeah the instructions are something I’ve been thinking about. I’m no graphic artist, but I think I can come up with something.

I’m still working on solutions for attaching the cord quickly too. I’ve been experimenting with heat shrink, but I’m not totally happy with the process yet. A friend of mine told me that military parachute eyelets are sewn together. I’ve never looked at one up close, so I need to look into how they do that.

To cut and seal the cords in one step, I built a hot knife from some junk I found in a trash pile pile at work. The cutter is a 28 gauge nichrome wire. I used alligator clips to connect a power supply to heat the wire. That little tool has saved me a lot of time already.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Re: How many slings did you make this year?
Reply #16 - Dec 16th, 2019 at 1:25am

Well... I just set a new personal record:
10 slings in one evening!
It took about 20 mins per sling, but I think I can cut that time down even more with practice.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, vetryan15, Kick, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, Chris, Rat Man)