Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Palestinian slingers (Read 1746 times)
Thearos
Interfector Viris Spurii

Take that

Palestinian slingers
Dec 17th, 2018 at 10:22pm

Among photographs published in the Guardian, Palestinian slingers (the newspaper, alas, speaks of "slingshots")

https://www.theguardian.com/news/gallery/2018/dec/17/a-razor-cut-and-a-runaway-g...

The angle exaggerates the size of the sling, but it's recognizably the very long slings, with big rectangular pouch, used by Palestinian shebabs

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Re: Palestinian slingers
Reply #1 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 3:55am

Some great photos there. I still don't understand how the slingshot/sling mix-up happens so often. Yes, I know we on the forum are the obsessives and most people haven't given a second thought to what a sling is after hearing about David and Goliath, but still! We all have Google!

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

theostravos
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #2 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 1:52pm

I still don't understand how the slingshot/sling mix-up happens so often.

Kick

Good Evening (at least here!)

I think that I can give some explain to that. To my language (Greek) there is no different word for the two weapons. When they see me practicing, they will usually ask "with this?" and they add "the rope" or they add the rotating motion. But no different name. I guess, many other languages have same misunderstandings... Smiley

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #3 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 2:13pm

Ich mag diese Fotos nicht.  Sie sind Propaganda.  Sad

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #4 - Dec 20th, 2018 at 9:32am

Jaegoor wrote on Dec 18th, 2018 at 2:13pm:
Ich mag diese Fotos nicht.  Sie sind Propaganda.  Sad

Exactly! Palestinian slingers get a lot of really nice photographs because it fits a political agenda. It gives outsiders the impression that they are helpless against big, mean Israel. Those poor,  brave Palestinians have to defend themselves with rocks!

No. I don’t see Israelis blowing up busses or cafes with children in them. The sling photos are a lie.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

johan
Funditor

no longer active:keep
the flame of slinging
alive

Reply #5 - Dec 20th, 2018 at 11:53am

@NOC
Bullshit read some history please.

sorry for the offence couldn't hold myself. Smiley
Media do a great job at creating divisions, you are a great example.
brave? braver than anyone behind a keyboard.

(by the way i don't disagree with jaegoor. media's first job is to make propaganda and it's second job to make money.)
don't be hasty to answer, I won't, take your time reading the history of the region

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #6 - Dec 20th, 2018 at 12:42pm

Ich habe die Geschichte studiert.  Viele meiner Freunde Leben dort.  Es ist klar Propaganda.  Ich kenne sehr viele dieser Bilder. Menschen werden benutzt.  Vielleicht folgen Sie Ihrem eigenem Rat.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #7 - Dec 20th, 2018 at 3:17pm

@Parm: you are welcome to disagree, but profanity and ad hominem attacks are not welcome. Instead of saying “sorry” and saying it anyway, maybe try not being so offensive next time. You clearly aren’t actually sorry.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Morphy, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, Kick, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark)