Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Captured release sling (Read 3937 times)
Frondeur

I'm the lead slinger in
a hard rock band

France
Re: Captured release sling
Reply #15 - Dec 30th, 2018 at 12:44pm

Hello!

I've finaly given a try to the triagle pouch. i may have made wrong choices regarding the size of the pouch, or maybe the branches, or what, but by now I'm quite disapointed.
I've hoped that this kind of 'true Y' pouch (by contrast with the 'T'pouch' Kick and I chose first chose) would solve the slipping problems with ice or glass balls; well, it ends up I can't keep anything in that pouch! Each time my ball jump out sideways in the begining of the stroke. Didn't analyse the why for now...

Jax, I will PM you too for your father's design.

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #16 - Dec 30th, 2018 at 3:00pm

@
Frondeur
It could be that during wind up the retention cord is pulled slightly but enough to release.

Use narrow grip.
or
Maybe the retention cord should be longer.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #17 - Dec 30th, 2018 at 5:05pm

I do think I might change my pouch design more to a proper Y rather than the T. It does hold balls somewhat well but would be better if it was larger and more cupped from being closer to a Y.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #18 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 11:47am

I went and redesigned the pouch. The T pouch just allows the ball to fall out too easily. This should work a lot better. Have to see after some testing.

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #19 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 10:51am

Hmmm. Mixed results. I went out with the ice balls and they worked much better with this shape of pouch... until they didn't. I think they started melting and got just a bit too slippy. I still need to try it out with tennis balls which should work better than the ice balls. I now have a 6 ball ice mold so I can now make 10 balls at a time.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, Kick, Rat Man, vetryan15, Chris, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark)