Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Finally some snow! (Read 5424 times)
Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Finally some snow!
Dec 7th, 2018 at 12:15pm

It's the 7th of December and we've only just now gotten some snow. Took it's time... Well now it's here, it's instantly more pleasant to be outside and far lighter. It also means I can chuck snowballs around with the Tibetan slings which I've been wanting to do for at least a month.

https://youtu.be/xOTFLp866y0
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2018 at 5:55am by Kick »  

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Re: Finally some snow!
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 12:35am

Nice.  We've seen some snow here, but not much more than a dusting.  Definitely not enough for a good snowball.

Tibetan sling?  Is that from Amdo Craft?

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #2 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 4:47am

I actually use two in the video and yeah both are Amdo Craft. I really love them. Such great workmanship and they are so fun to use.

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #3 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 4:55am

Actually I'll edit the video and add in pictures of the slings.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #4 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 5:56am

Edited now.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #5 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 11:28am

Thanks!  I've seen some older threads on the Amdo Craft slings and was thinking about ordering one.  All the feedback on the forum seemed to be really positive.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #6 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 11:36am

Considering what you get for the price, I absolutely recommend them. It's an absolute steal. I would buy another one but I think two is enough for me Cheesy

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #7 - Dec 10th, 2018 at 8:07pm

We've gotten measurable snow here in South Jersey twice so far.  The first time was about five inches and last week we got about three. Though there is still a little snow on the ground here and there both times most of the snow melted the next day.  That's pretty normal for here.  We don't usually don't get our serious snow until after the holidays.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #8 - Dec 11th, 2018 at 2:35am

The snow we had on the 7th was slush on the 8th and gone by the 9th. Been raining and wet and horrible since. I think it was even worse to have some really great snowball snow and then for it to disappear than if we got no snow at all! Just as I remembered how fun the Tibetan slings were, it's now too wet and awful to go out and use them Sad It's the same every year though, I spend the starrt of winter wishing for snow then the end of winter cursing it Cheesy

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #9 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 9:35am

I just actually noticed the difference in weight with the two Tibetan slings in my hand so weighed them and the shorter one is 46g and the longer 63g. I have no idea if anyone would need to know that but if someone is considering getting one to carry regularly it might make a difference? I don't know just thought I'd be thorough with the information about them Cheesy

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #10 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 3:57pm

I did place an order for a few at the end of last week.  And got the shipping notification on Monday.  Can't wait for them to arrive!

Now I'll be hoping for some snow too.  Never thought I would hear myself say that Smiley

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #11 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 5:18pm

joe_meadmaker wrote on Dec 12th, 2018 at 3:57pm:
I did place an order for a few at the end of last week.  And got the shipping notification on Monday.  Can't wait for them to arrive!

Now I'll be hoping for some snow too.  Never thought I would hear myself say that Smiley

Awesome! They always vary so it'll be interesting to see what yours are like.

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #12 - Feb 21st, 2019 at 5:47pm

A foot of snow with another foot expected tonight and tomorrow. First time in 26 years this much snow has fallen in one storm
And yes, it has the perfect moisture content for slinging snow balls Cheesy

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #13 - Feb 22nd, 2019 at 9:46am

Nice! It's been plus degrees so everything melted then swiftly fell back down to -8C so now everything is slippy, there's still grit everywhere and any remaining "snow" is absolutely rock hard. Here's hoping the Spring comes quick.

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #14 - Feb 22nd, 2019 at 12:29pm

A bit too much winter ammo Smiley

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark)