Send Topic Print
Master of Arms (Read 439 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Master of Arms
Nov 25th, 2018 at 11:31am

For the past few weeks I've been watching Master of Arms on The Discovery Channel.  I don't know if our members outside of the United States can see this on TV but you can probably check it out on Youtube.  It's set up sort of like the cooking show Chopped. 
    It starts with three competitors.  First they are given the task of recreating a historical bladed weapon. They are given usually four hours to complete this task.  This week it was a gunstock war club.  The weapons are put to the test then three judges send one of the competitors home.
    The remaining two are given four days to complete a recreation of a historical firearm.  This week it was the blunderbuss.  Another is eliminated and the remaining competitor is given the title Master of Arms and sent home with ten grand.
    I have minimal skills at woodworking and none at blacksmithing but I still find this show extremely interesting. I highly recommend it if you're able to get it in your country.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: Master of Arms
Reply #1 - Nov 25th, 2018 at 11:34am

sounds like forged in fire for guns

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar)