Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Re: Protester
Reply #15 - Oct 30th, 2018 at 6:16am

reminds me of the Patriot.

patriot.jpg (14 KB | 61 )
patriot.jpg

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #16 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 12:22am

I’m with Jaegoor. That sling is too close to the flag.  It’s dramatic, but it makes no sense. This is a staged photo, not a legitimate historical moment.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #17 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 5:21am

Did you see the other photos he's taken? I'm inclined to believe it's true.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #18 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 7:44am

Das soll man ja auch glauben.  Man nennt das Propaganda.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #19 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 11:53am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Oct 31st, 2018 at 12:22am:
I’m with Jaegoor. That sling is too close to the flag.  It’s dramatic, but it makes no sense. This is a staged photo, not a legitimate historical moment.

Possibly not photoshopped I would say 90% likely it's staged though. "Hey guy grab that flag and do something dramatic." *Click Click*

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #20 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 12:22pm

Es gibt zahlreiche Fotos dieser Art. Sie sind alle ähnlich gestaltet. Sogar Männer ohne Beine.  Im Rollstuhl sitzend. Es gibt auch immer Flammen.  Sehr viel Rauch.  LONG slings. Es ist nicht cool.  Es ist heroischer Schwachsinn. Oft auch Kinder.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #21 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 3:03am

don't know if it's faked / photoshoped.
but I think it's like in every riot or battle : people usually want to push off others not kill them, to show they are better, they have virtue and gain moral ground, the power of this kind of battle is enhanced by the media.
I find the use of slings very much symbolic, a use of irony against israel.
I used to think that if they tried to kill even a little they would succeed and then the enemy would be more afraid of them and keep off , but this kind of enemy has infinite resources, killing can be used as an excuse to even more violence. That's why riots look like a theater.

hopefully this photo hits harder than any stone or bullet

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #22 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 8:06am

Take a look at that pouch. Whatever ammo is in there is very small and thin.  It doesn’t look like the ammo is effective if it was even meant to be thrown.  The biggest clue that it’s staged is that the people surrounding him are all media. That’s probably to protect him from being shot with rubber bullets while they get the “heroic” photo. This is purely propaganda. When people who are supposed to be reporting the news start jumping in to make their own, you can’t trust them to tell a truthful story.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Thearos
Interfector Viris Spurii

Take that

Reply #23 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 11:15pm

I don't think it's fake, the sling is loaded, and I assume the sling on its rotations swishes through the flag in the off hand. When the slinger releases, the offhand will lower the flag down and to the back (any one who's slung with a shield or a bag of stones in the off hand will recognize the movement). I wish we had the full sequence of movement

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #24 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 8:36am

In the photo gallery there are different pictures of different slingers at various points in the throw. This one is the most "aesthetically pleasing" but there are lots of others.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #25 - Jan 16th, 2019 at 5:41pm

Shale wrote on Oct 27th, 2018 at 10:31am:
Regardless of your politics, this is a cool image. If anyone is writing a fantasy novel about a slinger, I think I know what the cover art should look like.

https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2018/10/photos-of-the-week-steam-train-sheep-p...

Nice Dramatic Photograph! I am going to leave it at that.

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark, Chris, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Morphy)