Send Topic Print
Slinging in Washington (Read 711 times)
DirtyDuck
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Western Wa
Slinging in Washington
Oct 25th, 2018 at 12:32am

Hello, I am new to slinging but having lots of fun with it so far. I hike long distance trails (AT 17', PCT 18')  and a sling at a remote lake is a fun pastime. I brought my slingshot last hike for a little hunting and renewed my interest in flinging rocks which led me here. I just completed my first braided paracord sling yesterday and a rockman today. my first slings were made of denim and another from a dogleash. The denim paracord ones fling hollow or marble filled aluminum foil balls well, I notice the heavier material doesn't have the "action" or feel to fling smaller safer stuff. I have some questions pertaining to leather slings based on that I will ask as I get ready make one of those. This is first forum I have ever joined and posted on, Seems to be alot of good info traded here. Anyways thanks for letting me join.
                                        - Chris

christopher.covey.180  
IP Logged

DirtyDuck
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Western Wa
Re: Slinging in Washington
Reply #1 - Oct 25th, 2018 at 12:57am

Here are the 2 I made in last 24 hours, Haven't got to use them much yet but i really like the rockmans feel with a tennis ball. I think I preferred it without the whipping on pouch for how it cupped it. These are the first projects I have ever braided so go easy. Whipping was new to me too and i got carried away a bit..

IMAG7846.jpg (5186 KB | 37 )
IMAG7846.jpg
IMAG7855.jpg (4444 KB | 27 )
IMAG7855.jpg
christopher.covey.180  
IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #2 - Oct 25th, 2018 at 3:49am

Welcome from Finland! Good looking slings and my first braiding attempts were far cruder. Some would argue I'm still not that great at it Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #3 - Oct 25th, 2018 at 11:08am

Hello from Alabama.  I envy you guys that live in areas that got hit by the last Ice Age.  You've got rocks!

Where I live, if you find a rock, it was carried in by someone.  The closest naturally occurring rocks to me are 30 miles (60km) away in the Alabama River.  You can find the occasional gravel bed, most are too small to sling but I make do.

BTW, this is an international forum, pictures of your slinging adventures are very welcome.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, Rat Man)