Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Lots of paracord (Read 3006 times)
Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Re: Lots of paracord
Reply #15 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 6:34am

Turks head knots are fun. You could do some handle wraps too. A netted item like a sling ammo bag. Bolas a dog collar..... that’s all I can think of right now

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: Lots of paracord
Reply #16 - Nov 6th, 2018 at 6:54am

The ball bearings I needed finally turned up and, after lots of hard braiding, I finally got this together. It came out pretty good but has far from perfect braiding and the end knot is... serviceable. I think this stuff is actually quite different to the 550 cord you can buy everywhere as it didn't actually have much of core and doesn't easily squish down flat for braiding. As such, the whole whip is pretty chunky and not quite as sleek as most paraord whips. It's not going to win any competitions but this cracks pretty damn loud even with the very quickly improvised cracker so I'm happy.

I still have a hell of a lot of paracord so I guess I'll be making some different sling variations, SITH is coming up after all Cheesy

Will I be making another whip? Not for a long while. My fingers are still hurting and this was a small whip...

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, Chris, David Morningstar)