Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Slingstaffs in Parzifal (Read 679 times)
slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Slingstaffs in Parzifal
Sep 20th, 2018 at 6:39am

Just got done reading the Wolfram von Eschenbach translation of Parzifal. It tells the story of the finding of the Holy Grail.
One of the knights, Gawain is laying on a magic bed, then
"This was the signal for an even greater peril for him. Five hundred slingstaves had primed to be thrown by subtle arts, and their cast was aimed at the bed on which he lay. The shield was so tough that he felt their impact but little, hard round pebbles that they were-thought it was holed in several places."

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: Slingstaffs in Parzifal
Reply #1 - Sep 20th, 2018 at 6:50am

you'd think 500 staff slings would be the first thing you noticed when you entered the bedroom Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Morphy, joe_meadmaker, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Kick, vetryan15)