Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Testing Swedish UFO beer (Read 2506 times)
timpa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Stones in the horizon

Finland
Testing Swedish UFO beer
Sep 7th, 2018 at 6:00pm

SmileyThis was so exotic that I had to taste it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frQpvJ2dxwk

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: Testing Swedish UFO beer
Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2018 at 2:06pm

It is probably better than Coors Light.

IP Logged

timpa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Stones in the horizon

Finland
Reply #2 - Sep 8th, 2018 at 4:51pm

Coors Light is sold in Finland, but I have not tasted it.

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #3 - Sep 9th, 2018 at 9:45am

You probably want to pass on the Coors light. 

Think slightly beer tasting water.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #4 - Sep 9th, 2018 at 11:19am

Not to call out an entire nation but my experience of American beers (arguably not extensive experience) has not been great. What are some American beers you'd recommend?

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #5 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 6:12pm

What Bill said.  Though the bulk of American beers are sorry baby piss we do have some excellent micro breweries.  Try Flying Fish beer if you can find it.  An old friend of mine makes here in New Jersey and it's really excellent.

IP Logged

timpa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Stones in the horizon

Finland
Reply #6 - Sep 21st, 2018 at 6:57pm

In Finland, describes such a joke:

How can you actually make a Budweiser?

1. Put a "Lapin Kulta" beer in the mug one inch.

2. Let it rest all night.

3. The next day fill the glass with water.

4. Let it rest all day.

Now we have a pint of Budweiser  Smiley

PS: Lapin Kulta (Lapland Gold) is a Finnish beer

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #7 - Sep 22nd, 2018 at 10:19pm

Kick wrote on Sep 9th, 2018 at 11:19am:
Not to call out an entire nation but my experience of American beers (arguably not extensive experience) has not been great. What are some American beers you'd recommend?

It really depends on what you like KTO.
I’m not a huge lager person myself, but the best American lager is also the oldest: Yuengling.
A good IPA? Try Dogfish 90 minute or New Belgium’s Voidoo Ranger.
Shiner makes a decent Bock here in Texas.
Good Hefeweissens aren’t too hard to find either. Blue Moon is probably the most well-known.
... and then there’s all the microbreweries that only sell locally.  If I had to pick one region...Washington state is full of great microbreweries.
America has great beer choices. You just have to look beyond Coors and Budweiser.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #8 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 3:33pm

Years ago my late wife, some good friends, and I took a vacation in Nova Scotia.  What a beautiful place.  Anyway, while there we met one of the very friendly locals.  He owned a lovely farm there and on that farm he had a fish pond where you paid to fish. In that we had arrived just a few weeks after the trout stopped biting and we wanted fresh trout for dinner we paid him to catch the proverbial fish in a barrel.  After we caught our limits we were talking to the gentlemen... I can't recall his name but his business was called Pepe's U fish so we called him Pepe... and the conversation led to beer.  Canada makes some pretty good beers and I'm convinced they keep the best of their beer for themselves and send Americans, who don't know any better, bilge water.  Anyway, we mentioned that we had brought Busch beer with us.  Pepe   became ecstatic.  "You have Busch?"  Yes, we had brought many, maybe a dozen, cases with us.  We were all big time drinkers back then.  Pepe said he'd trade us even up any Canadian beer for Busch.  We couldn't believe our luck.  I don't remember what we traded for exactly... Molson, Labatt's, maybe some others but Pepe traded us even up case for case.  It seems that as much as we despised our American beer for being baby piss they liked its "light, clean taste."  Go figure.
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2019 at 1:01pm by Rat Man »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man)