Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Tutorial: Flint Sling (Read 10285 times)
Flint Austone
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Tutorial: Flint Sling
Reply #60 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 1:18am

That would be nice if it wasnt one of the most niche markets in the world. I dont mind doing it by hand at all, the real speed bump in production is taking that blank template and creating some form of art out of it. Its what separates all of my pouches from one another, even if i make dozens of owl or honey badger pouches, none will be identical.

IP Logged

Blue Raja
Descens

Rediscovering An Ancient
Skill

Reply #61 - Sep 8th, 2018 at 11:30am

KTO - very impressive slings.  My self-made slings look like they were scavenged from some post-apocalyptic rubble heap.  But then, since I write post-apocalyptic sci-fi tales, it all seems to work out.

It is good to know that FA's slings shoot as good as they look.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #62 - Sep 8th, 2018 at 11:45am

All thanks to this forum Cheesy There are some damn creative people frequenting these pages.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Blue Raja
Descens

Rediscovering An Ancient
Skill

Reply #63 - Sep 9th, 2018 at 3:06pm

Flint Austone wrote on Sep 5th, 2018 at 1:18am:
That would be nice if it wasnt one of the most niche markets in the world. I dont mind doing it by hand at all, the real speed bump in production is taking that blank template and creating some form of art out of it. Its what separates all of my pouches from one another, even if i make dozens of owl or honey badger pouches, none will be identical.

We are a niche within a niche (and possibly another niche beyond that!). A group of enthusiasts relying on obscure historical references to re-invent a technology that was largely abandoned (other than the Balearic Islands) centuries ago.

This, of course, does not take away from your craftsmanship.  You produce some of the best looking slings that I have ever seen.

IP Logged

Flint Austone
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #64 - Sep 9th, 2018 at 3:25pm

Thank you, that means a lot to me

IP Logged

Flint Austone
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #65 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 8:04pm

Heres a rough sketch of my next custom order. Lets see how much detail i can squeeze in the leather!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Morphy, Rat Man, Kick, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15)