Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Tutorial: Flint Sling (Read 10204 times)
Flint Austone
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Tutorial: Flint Sling
Reply #45 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 4:58pm

Guess whos restocked on leather  Wink

Also i turned my bar into a work bench

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
past-moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #46 - Aug 26th, 2018 at 12:36pm

OOOKAAAAAAY!  Somebody has a new addiction.   Grin

BTW, don't feel like the Lone Ranger, I've given away a lot of braided slings and I still keep finding them everywhere.  I'll put on a winter coat and there will be a sling I though I had lost.  I've got piles of balls of different types of string.   Grin

However, you aren't really addicted until you start buying bags of concrete and molds to make uniform ammo...Just sayin'...

I'm not addicted, I just do it for fun.  I can quit any time I feel like it... Grin

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #47 - Aug 26th, 2018 at 12:46pm

Yep, we lost him folks. No coming back from this. 

I agree though with Bill you can't be truly an addict until you start molding your own concrete ammo from molds. And definitely don't weigh each one and sort them into individually numbered 1/4 ounce weight groups because that would just be...weird...

Just passing that on from a friend...

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #48 - Aug 26th, 2018 at 1:47pm

I haven't made my own ammo yet but the only thing stopping me is a rented student apartment. If we can ever get our own place I'm going to completely fill a whole room with sling stuff. Even in this apartment, the corner I started off occupying has spilled over. Multiple times.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Flint Austone
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #49 - Aug 26th, 2018 at 2:23pm

To be fair, I do leather pouches and sheaths too, but slings are more fun for me. I have a couple craft festivals and a renaissance festival coming up in about a month i can sell at. Look at all these blank pouches and finger loops ready for some art from all these nice bright cuts of leather.

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #50 - Aug 26th, 2018 at 2:58pm

Nice to know sling braiding is not an addiction.
One from Teg, 3 shepard; the rest are balearic.

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Flint Austone
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #51 - Aug 26th, 2018 at 8:26pm

Nice! I love my braided slings but you'll always find a paracord + leather pouch in my pocket. Lately i've been using my black widow a lot. The artificial sinew is excellent so far, no visible wear whatsoever.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #52 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 3:14pm

It's arrived! It looks awesome but I haven't got the cords on it yet so pictures and review will have to wait Cheesy

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Flint Austone
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #53 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 4:20pm

Nice! Definately let me know how it feels when you start using it.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #54 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 3:21am

I thought I should put the review here so...

This Cthulhu sling is more than a pretty face. It's awesome. It has such a smooth release, one of the smoothest of any sling I've used and I put that down to the pouch design. I really like the half-cup shape. It's definitely going into rotation as one of my EDC slings.

I had the perfect conditions for a Cthulhu sling as well. Misty, mysterious, the sea lapping at the shore, giant ferries that you couldn't see but their fog horns reverberating all around. Very Lovecraftian Cheesy

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #55 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 8:25am

Nice slings; beautiful pic of the coast.

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Flint Austone
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #56 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 8:36am

Thanks for sharing! Im glad an experienced slinger will be putting it to good use. Also, what coast is that? It looks amazing!

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #57 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 2:31pm

Oh yeah I should say:
Top left sling, red pouch, is from C_A
Top right is a woven sling from Loki
Bottom left Flint's Cthulhu sling (obviously)
Bottom right is a one-piece sling by Tomas

All darn good slings. It's Lauttasaari island looking out to the Baltic Sea (plenty of islands for quite a few miles so not quite open sea but technically still sea Cheesy ). Favourite spot to sling but have to watch out for sea birds and kayakers.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #58 - Sep 3rd, 2018 at 3:04pm

Nice variety of slings there KTO.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #59 - Sep 5th, 2018 at 12:12am

@Flint, if you are serious about selling a lot of your slings, I would highly recommend you have a custom leather punch made. It’ll cost you $200-300... maybe $500 if you add in the cost of a manual hydraulic press from Harbor Freight, but you could crank out dozens of sling blanks in an hour, so it is worth the expense if you sell enough slings.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, Kick, vetryan15, Rat Man, Chris, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker)