Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Attention all slingers (Read 2261 times)
Aitsikko
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Missouri
Attention all slingers
Jul 24th, 2018 at 12:53am

Is there anybody in the Mid America area that's slings, I read something about archaic Olympics in Arkansas. who are those people how do I get in contact with them. I am looking for competitions/gatherings. I'm also part of the atlatl association we hold Isaac competitions all the time but none of them sling and I believe they go hand-in-hand.

IP Logged

Brett
Descens

St Louis
Re: Attention all slingers
Reply #1 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 2:26pm

There was supposed to be a "Paleolympics" about two years or so back at Big Bone Lick State Park (a place with a lot of primitive history) in Kentucky, but it got cancelled when the ranger in charge was reassigned.

They were going to have AtlAtl, thrown sticks and slings IIRC.

IP Logged

woodssj

That lake isn't going
to fill itself, y'know...

'Round & about, Here and there
Reply #2 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 7:24pm

An event in Arkansas would be great. Post here if there's any progress on that. I heard the Archaeolympics are done by the State University at Little Rock, but I have not had time to follow that up.

Confused Archaeologists are the best Archaeologists.

IP Logged

Aitsikko
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Missouri
Reply #3 - Jul 26th, 2018 at 1:23am

So there's no events going on? Can I purpose we hold an event here in Mid-Missouri? I am part of the altalt association aka the MAA/WAA. We hold Isac tournaments almost on a monthly bases. We actually compete with players world-wide we put in our scores online after we compete. for other people from other country's that play to see, as well they do too. So we know what rank we are in. The people I play with here in Missouri some of them are on top of their game. We have the first female in Mid-America to kill a deer with an atlatl last year. We have some other top rankers that hunt as well. I'd like to know how many slingers would come or want to go, i could get this event going real easy, the only reason why i haven't is because i don't want to be the only one there lol I want competition. i want to be amongst my bothers of the sling, please let me know if you'll are interested and we can set up a time and date, it don't have to be right away either the more people the better and i know it takes time to plan out a trip

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #4 - Jul 26th, 2018 at 8:28am

Although this is meaningless I WILL eventually come to one of these once I move up to Dallas. Maybe in the next year and a half to two. Just throwing that out there. I know we have a decent number of people in the general area as you. (Yes I consider Dallas still the general area. Houston, not so much.)

I would love people to sling with even if it's only occasionally.

IP Logged

woodssj

That lake isn't going
to fill itself, y'know...

'Round & about, Here and there
Reply #5 - Jul 26th, 2018 at 1:58pm

I'm only in the region until March, but if it's close enough I can make it, I'm game.

Confused Archaeologists are the best Archaeologists.

IP Logged

Brett
Descens

St Louis
Reply #6 - Jul 31st, 2018 at 11:57am

I will attend an event in mid-Missouri.  I live in StL and it would be easy for me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, LightSlinger, Masiakasaurus)