Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Stolen Valor (Read 4987 times)
Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: Stolen Valor
Reply #30 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 10:44pm

I would prefer to believe you're more optimistic than me RM. Someone has to be the glass-half-full here. And it sure isn't me. Then again when it comes to politics I've always been the chicken little on slinging.org. Maybe something will go right and really surprise us both.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #31 - Jul 28th, 2018 at 12:06pm

Morphy;
    I get that you're using the term "optimistic" as a euphemism for naïve.  I know that even at our very best, whenever that was, America's government was corrupt. All governments are.  But there are degrees. Was Hitler more corrupt than the Weimar Republic? At the risk of sounding shrill, I see the face of true evil all over this current administration, much more so than any that's preceded it in my not so short lifetime. We are in deep poopy and must rise above it or the world will once again plunge into darkness.  The midterms will be very telling.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #32 - Jul 28th, 2018 at 1:15pm

Rat Man wrote on Jul 28th, 2018 at 12:06pm:
Morphy;
    I get that you're using the term "optimistic" as a euphemism for naïve. 

No. No I'm not. I guess I was naive, I thought we were just talking. I am taking you at your word, I hope you can do the same. Ill have to stop the political discussion here. I don't want to start a flame war.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #33 - Jul 31st, 2018 at 2:25pm

Morphy:  Sorry for putting words in your mouth.  I hope you know that I've always respected your opinion and intelligence.  I truly believe that when everything comes out in the wash this will be a very interesting piece of history.  Time will tell. We can leave it here.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #34 - Jul 31st, 2018 at 4:36pm

Rat Man wrote on Jul 31st, 2018 at 2:25pm:
I hope you know that I've always respected your opinion and intelligence.  I truly believe that when everything comes out in the wash this will be a very interesting piece of history.  Time will tell. We can leave it here.

I feel the same. Well put RM.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini)