Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Heard Hobbits Like to Sling (Read 642 times)
Funditor406
Descens

Shattered Remains. Wonder
why.

Turah, Montana
Heard Hobbits Like to Sling
Jul 21st, 2018 at 4:50pm

Too bad we don't see it in the movies or games. Seeing Merry and Pippin sling into the Watcher Lake would have been funny.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: Heard Hobbits Like to Sling
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 8:57am

Tolkien wrote about how dangerous they were with thrown stones, it would have been nice to see them sling a bit as well. Seems like exactly the kind of weapon a Hobbit would use.

IP Logged

Funditor406
Descens

Shattered Remains. Wonder
why.

Turah, Montana
Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 11:30am

Yep, and again Tolkien (to my knowledge) may have written that they practiced archery and slinging as hobbies, as well as their good ol' Golfindrel.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #3 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 11:22pm

Can’t train an actor to sling well in a few weeks... plus it might knock all the prosthetic hair off their little hobbit arms Grin

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner)