Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Disappearing sling bullets (Read 1282 times)
CrazyBrave333
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Australia
Disappearing sling bullets
Jul 18th, 2018 at 5:44am

Hey just wondering if anyone has tried slinging “ice balls”?

https://www.amazon.com/glacio-Round-Ice-Cube-Molds/dp/B06WLHG56W

There are heaps of cheaper ones on eBay but I could t link the address sorry it kept opening the eBay app.

I think these would be great fun and it won’t leave stones in the backyard for the mower to choke on.

I’ve considered just making a batch every few nights and storing them up for the weekend..

I’m wondering if I got some liquid nitrogen if I could make a heap of them quickly and kee in the freezer.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Re: Disappearing sling bullets
Reply #1 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:10am

I've got a cheaper 4 ball one. It's great for Autumn when it's cold enough that they won't melt straight away but they don't hang around. If you search something like "Ice balls" or "ice slinging" you might find my post. They make good ammo but you have to watch out with some pouches getting stuck to the ice. It's the same as the old thing which turns up in cartoons all the time with the person's tongue getting stuck to a cold lamp post. For this reason, a woven pouch or a synthetic material is better than leather.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #2 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 8:57am

As was mentioned there was some posts about ice. Around here it tends not to get cold enough for ice ammo but I've heard it works well. Snowball slinging is also a lot of fun.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #3 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 11:17pm

Liquid nitrogen would probably make snow balls instead of solid ice. If you flash freeze a liquid, it doesn’t have time to form large crystalline structures.

When I want my sling bullets to disappear though, I prefer to make them out of ghosts Grin

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #4 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 10:36am

This is a good video of one of the forum members slinging snowballs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JAoaRiLPso

John R.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #5 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 10:44am

Snowballs make great ammo but you really need the right conditions for them. Too powdery and it will just disintegrate in the air. I found the best snow is actually by the sides of freshly plowed roads (before the snow gets really dirty). It's compacted just the right amount and often naturally makes balls as it gets pushed along Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #6 - Jul 20th, 2018 at 8:29pm

IronGoober wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 10:36am:
This is a good video of one of the forum members slinging snowballs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JAoaRiLPso

Yurek's style is criminally underrated. It is arguably one of the best I've ever seen in terms of combining power and accuracy.  I love his videos.

IP Logged

CrazyBrave333
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Australia
Reply #7 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 7:40pm

That’s a really good point regarding the liquid nitrogen! You just saved me a heap of trouble!

That video against the beer can is nuts! I’m inspired! I can’t believe the power and accuracy at the same time!

Unfortunately here where I love it only snows every year or two for a day or two max so I’m gonna have to make some clay rounds ASAP

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Kick, Chris, vetryan15)