Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
It'd be Cool if Somebody Mastered THIS (Read 1368 times)
Funditor406
Descens

Shattered Remains. Wonder
why.

Turah, Montana
It'd be Cool if Somebody Mastered THIS
Jul 17th, 2018 at 5:25pm

I won't be trying this anytime soon (if not never lol) with stones, neither should any of ya.

I have found it is kinda possible to do a Fig. 8 motion while doing a 180 degree turn behind you (left foot for righties should be ready to move). This is vastly difficult even with an empty sling (as you can tell how powerful a throw is going to be, these practice throws needless to say didn't fit the criteria). It kinda seems like you'd have to turn while doing Fig. 8 at an absolutely breakneck speed. I'm not sure a throw like this would ever be practical, but...maybe if a super slinger wanted to take out an enemy approaching behind them in style... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Funditor406
Descens

why.

Turah, Montana
Re: It'd be Cool if Somebody Mastered THIS
Reply #1 - Jul 17th, 2018 at 5:26pm

Not just left foot I guess lol.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #2 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 11:12pm

You’ll have to post an example video. I can’t picture anything except a really awkward way to rack myself with a sling.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #3 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 7:17am

I do a pirouette throw similar to what you’re describing. Both me and the sling are spinning

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #4 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 7:21am

I've seen side arm throws done like that, I suppose there's no reason a fig-8 can't be done that way as well. It would definitely take some practice to master though, more so than with a side arm throw I would think.

IP Logged

Funditor406
Descens

why.

Turah, Montana
Reply #5 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 1:36pm

Interesting input, I post this because it seems difficult to lead/follow with a sling, as with other weapons...it's easier to do. But now it seems like in the hands of a skilled slinger, the same could be done.

IP Logged

BAMBULA
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Russia
Reply #6 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 2:31pm

I can't understand the description. If you make a video problem, maybe you will draw a diagram of such a pattern ?

bambula  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Rat Man, Morphy, joe_meadmaker, Kick, vetryan15, Curious Aardvark)