Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
What's my style called ? (Read 6602 times)
walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Re: What's my style called ?
Reply #15 - Jul 17th, 2018 at 9:30pm

I believe it is.  Thumbs Up   Thumbs Up   Thumbs Up  for your sling style and vid!

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #16 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:05am

Yeah that's fig 8 but he doesn't bring his arm back as far as most.

I've been trying out your technique with the rotations and I think I do like it but I need more practice Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

BAMBULA
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Russia
Reply #17 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:40am

The most important thing is that the preparatory stages would allow you to get to the same convenient and powerful throw, as if you just threw a stone with all your strength. Improper preparation and wrong cast.

bambula  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #18 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 6:49am

I've used the pre-spinning.

useful if you're filming a dog with one hand and slinging a ball with the other.

But it doesn't add anything to the actual final throw.

Everyone has their own unique style.
So saying something is fig-8 - is NOT an absolute.
fig-8 is a fairly broad category: from the long sling technique to my own compact style for use in confined spaces.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

BAMBULA
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Russia
Reply #19 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 7:33am

I don't know why, but in my style, it's better to take the right shoulder back befor tfrow . Better is obtained swing. That's significant. With the rapid implementation of the throw, you feel two jerk shoulders - first clockwise, and then against. In FIG-8 I can't do that. Perhaps the reason is that in my style the plane of the pre - rotation and the plane of the throw do not coincide, as in FIG-8. 15 min 30 sec - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBEgRoK2Jyo&t=930s That swing !

bambula  
IP Logged

BAMBULA
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Russia
Reply #20 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 11:57am

Swing. Forth goes the shoulder. And then hand.

__1073___1100__1.png (647 KB | 46 )
__1073___1100__1.png
bambula  
IP Logged

BAMBULA
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Russia
Reply #21 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 12:00pm

Swing !

__1073___1100__2.png (1787 KB | 46 )
__1073___1100__2.png
bambula  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #22 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 12:16pm

it's still fig 8 Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

BAMBULA
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Russia
Reply #23 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 12:56pm

I'm not argue. But the entrance to the throw in the classic style of FIG-8 I like less. My option is to swing better.

bambula  
IP Logged

BAMBULA
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Russia
Reply #24 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 11:01pm

bambula  
IP Logged

Thearos
Interfector Viris Spurii

Take that

Reply #25 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 6:50pm

Interesting variant on fig 8 that initiates the fig. 8 from a moving rather than a stationary sling (not easy, either)

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #26 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 9:57pm

Fig 8, you bet.  Multi rotatations are not needed. One and a half and bam, you are in f8.  Smiley

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

BAMBULA
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Russia
Reply #27 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 5:27pm

I can only refer to # 19 and the post where the picture of the Shamrock knot is published.

bambula  
IP Logged

BAMBULA
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Russia
Reply #28 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 9:57pm

Unfortunately, on my question about the name of my style, I did not get an answer that would suit me. But recently I found the answer. If it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PyN2MnBOzI called FIG-8, then my style is not FIG - 8. We can not call any vertical throw FIG - 8. Similarly, it is impossible to call all horizontal throws one term. On both screenshots the bowl of slings is in the same phase of acceleration. But in the style of FIG-8 last turn almost does not come out of the original plane. That's why I don't use the classic style of FIG-8. I have a bowl of slings strongly deviates from the back and describes a much more complex curve. And still in-style FIG-8 there is a small pause, when brush is coming to shoulders. I believe that this leads to energy losses. But this bad pause not only slows down the right hand, the torso also begins to turn late. and then you all start to scold FIG-8 for the fact that there is little energy ...  Smiley  FIG-8 is a flat throw.

bambula  
IP Logged

BAMBULA
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Russia
Reply #29 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 10:14pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj0r3VqWP4w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MrZPngIl_4

Seemed to me that me and Jesús Vega had no significant differences. The fact that I have a long pre - rotation does not affect the technique of the finish throw.  Еxperts tried to convince me that I am using FIG - 8. On FIG-8, it's not overhead, and overhead isn't FIG - 8 ! The wolf is not a dog.  And the wolf is not a subspecies of the dog! If all vertical throws will be called FIG-8, then let's call the General term human and monkey.  Cheesy

I tried FIG-8, but I did not like this style.  Sad Powerful throws do not work. I don't know why señor Vega gave up the classic FIG - 8 technique. But I think the reason is the same as mine.

__1086___1074_.png (825 KB | 35 )
__1086___1074_.png
bambula  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15, Kick, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Morphy)