Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How many slings do you own? (Read 1185 times)
NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
How many slings do you own?
Jul 16th, 2018 at 1:43am

I counted 8 on a hook by my back door, and each one is a little different from the others.  I probably have 3-4 others lying around the house, including some unique pouch designs I haven’t shared here yet Grin
Oh! There’s also another sling on its way from Finland (thanks KTO!). I’ve learned something from each one and will probably keep making them faster than I give them away. For consistency, I use one sling more than the rest when I practice seriously, but I cycle through slinging with the others too.

All together I probably have upwards of 15 slings around the house. What about everyone else?  How many slings do you have? And how many do you actually use?

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Re: How many slings do you own?
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 2:48am

I have no idea. I lost track of how many slings I have quite a while ago Cheesy If I exclude the ones I've made I would have about 5 but if I include mine around 30 potentially Cheesy

(Oh and it might actually be more than one sling on it's way to you...)

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #2 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 8:50am

Three here at the house at the moment, more in storage. The ones I have here are a hardware store jute, a cotton split pouch and one of Mersa's specialties from dynema. I tend to give them away in trades usually so rarely build up a surplus.

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #3 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 12:00pm

Certainly 30+ in my current possession, and of pretty much all different types! I've given a fair few away and put bunch in long term storage (or binned) that didn't turn out as well,  in total I've probably made 50.

IP Logged

Funditor406
Descens

Shattered Remains. Wonder
why.

Turah, Montana
Reply #4 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 12:55pm

3 functional ones, 5 that no longer work, and several unfinished procrastination ones.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #5 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 1:15pm

been collecting them for quite some time.
Probably more than 50. I generally only have 2 or 3 of my own making around.
The rest are ones I've collected that other people have made Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

CrazyBrave333
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Australia
Reply #6 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 12:36am

I usually have one main one I carry in my pocket at all times...

I have about 4-5 in my cupboard that are my old favourites... as soon as I’ve inproved a technique or gotten better materials the newest one becomes my everyday sling and the old one goes in the cupboard or gets given away.

I’m yet to trade but am planning on putting one or two on here for trade soon.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #7 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 5:15am

Well I'm now the proud owner of a sling made by morphy so I have a total of 4.

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Kick, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, Morphy, joe_meadmaker, Chris)