Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help with improving a small text (Read 915 times)
Caldou
Funditor

Moving the world... rock
by rock.

Picardie, France
Help with improving a small text
Jun 27th, 2018 at 4:37pm

Hi all,

I'm at the end of my training to become a pro web developper and I have to write and read for my final exam.

How can I improve this :

Quote:
To validate my formation of web developer, I did my internship in a web agency named ***, specialized in developing applications for online pharmacies, such as £££ and $$$.
My mission was the porting of a PrestaShop module for $$$ to Magento2.
$$$ is a set of data on phamaceutical and personnal health care products, to be injected into e-commerce platforms.
Magento is the world wide leader for digital commerce and is quite well suited for larger projects with thousands of catalog entries.
The first part of this discussion will be a short presentation of the existing solution, $$$ API and the PrestaShop module.
Then, I will guide you through the process needed for creating this Magento module.
We will stat with how to install the software, create a basic "HelloWorld" module, make a request to the API to test the connection, search for products in the database, add them to our catalog, buy the whole product information and customise products' attribute sets.
Finally, if I left some points unexplained, I will do my best to answer your questions.

Thanks for your help ^^ Smiley

Eight in one shot!
The french Slinging club
If it's still moving, keep slinging !
IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Help with improving a small text
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 7:06pm

LOL go with what you have; you nailed it.

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 8:32pm

Are you asking for help with English Caldou? If I remember correctly you are a non-native English speaker? Many of you guys speak it so well I forget sometimes it's not your first language. Well, I went ahead and rephrased some of these things hoping to maintain the original intended thought as closely as possible. If this is not what you were asking, please disregard. Grin

To validate my formation of web developer, (Not sure how this might be rephrased?)

To validate my formation of web developer (not sure how to rephrase this but there is no comma)

I did my internship in a web agency named ***, specialized in developing applications for online pharmacies, such as £££ and $$$.

I did my internship in (at) a web agency named ***, specialized in (which specializes in) developing applications for online pharmacies, such as £££ and $$$. (if you are talking about the web agencie's specialty.)

OR

I did my internship in (at) a web agency named ***, specialized in (where I specialized in) developing applications for online pharmacies such as EEE and $$$. (if you are talking about your own specialty).

My mission was the porting of a PrestaShop module for $$$ to Magento2.

My mission (objective) was the porting of a PrestaShop module for $$$ to Magento2.

$$$ is a set of data on phamaceutical and personnal health care products, to be injected into e-commerce platforms.

$$$ is a set of data on phamaceutical (pharmaceutical) and personnal (personal) health care products, (no comma) to be injected into e-commerce platforms.

Magento is the world wide leader for digital commerce and is quite well suited for larger projects with thousands of catalog entries.

Magento is the world wide (worldwide) leader for digital commerce and is quite well suited for larger projects with thousands of catalog entries.

The first part of this discussion will be a short presentation of the existing solution, $$$ API and the PrestaShop module. Then, I will guide you through the process needed for creating this Magento module. (No changes)

We will stat with how to install the software, create a basic "HelloWorld" module, make a request to the API to test the connection, search for products in the database, add them to our catalog, buy the whole product information and customise products' attribute sets.

We will stat (start) with how to install the software, create a basic "HelloWorld" module,  (and) make a request to the API to test the connection. (Secondly, we will) search for products in the database, add them to our catalog, (and) buy the whole product information. (Finally, we will customise the) products' attribute sets.

Finally, if I left some points unexplained, I will do my best to answer your questions.

(Additionally, after the presentation if any points remain unclear I will do my best to clarify them.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------

Again, I have no idea if this is what you are looking for. Hopefully that helps though. Here is the completed revision in one text. Although you will have to choose one or the other from the OR section above.

"To validate my formation of web developer I did my internship at a web agency named ***, which specializes in developing applications for online pharmacies, such as £££ and $$$.

My objective was the porting of a PrestaShop module for $$$ to Magento2. $$$ is a set of data on pharmaceutical and personal health care products to be injected into e-commerce platforms.  Magento is the worldwide leader for digital commerce and is quite well suited for larger projects with thousands of catalog entries.

We will start with how to install the software, create a basic "HelloWorld" module,  and make a request to the API to test the connection. Secondly, we will search for products in the database, add them to our catalog and buy the whole product information. Finally, we will customise the products' attribute sets.

Additionally, after the presentation if any points remain unclear I will do my best to clarify them."

IP Logged

Caldou
Funditor

Moving the world... rock
by rock.

Picardie, France
Reply #3 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 5:39pm

Yes, I'm French, so I'm definitely not an english native speaker Wink

Thanks for your help, it was mostly an oral exam so the commas weren't so important Wink

Well, in fact, even the english part was not important, the examiners only listened to me rant in english because they had to, I could have stopped after the 2 firsts sentences :p

But I take note of your answer to improve my english skills Wink

Eight in one shot!
The french Slinging club
If it's still moving, keep slinging !
IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #4 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 6:45pm

Caldou wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 5:39pm:
Yes, I'm French, so I'm definitely not an english native speaker Wink

Thanks for your help, it was mostly an oral exam so the commas weren't so important Wink

Well, in fact, even the english part was not important, the examiners only listened to me rant in english because they had to, I could have stopped after the 2 firsts sentences :p

But I take note of your answer to improve my english skills Wink

Ya, actually your English is quite good. Considerably better than some I meet in day to day life so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Hope the exam went well.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Chris)