Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Monkeys Fist (Read 1631 times)
Kick
Interfector Viris Spurii

Finland
Re: Monkeys Fist
Reply #15 - Aug 2nd, 2018 at 2:48pm

I've been playing around with the monkey fist now almost every day and I love it. The girlfriend loves it... less. Mostly because I keep swinging it around and practicing rope dart techniques in the kitchen... Currently haven't broken anything though so that's good Cheesy

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Funditor

Texas
Reply #16 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 9:36pm

LOL. I cannot be responsible for any romantic or anti-romantic consequences that may result from using a monkey’s fist in the kitchen Grin

I have found there’s just enough slack to launch the ball off an elbow or knee, but it may be a bit on the short side for some rope dart moves. I’m glad you’re enjoying it!

For what it’s worth, my wife says she agrees with your girlfriend  Tongue

"Life IS pain, princess. Anyone who says otherwise is selling something.” -The Dread Pirate Roberts
IP Logged

Kick
Interfector Viris Spurii

Finland
Reply #17 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 4:34am

I've just about got the hang of the elbow shots now. One shots are far harder. Still haven't broken anything Cheesy

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Funditor

Texas
Reply #18 - Aug 28th, 2018 at 11:00pm

One of the best free resources I’ve found is Phil Elmore’s book on practical nunchaku. The nunchucks motions are very similar to what you need to do with the monkeys fist, and it’s a pretty entertaining read:

http://www.philelmore.com/download-beamartialist/street_chucks.pdf

"Life IS pain, princess. Anyone who says otherwise is selling something.” -The Dread Pirate Roberts
IP Logged

Kick
Interfector Viris Spurii

Finland
Reply #19 - Aug 29th, 2018 at 2:04am

Thanks I'll check it out Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Chris, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark) - (Moderator Group: Forum Moderator)