Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Monkeys Fist (Read 2362 times)
NooneOfConsequence
Funditor

Texas
Monkeys Fist
Jun 24th, 2018 at 10:51am

Monkeyís fist keychain lanyard with a twist: pull the pin (like a grenade) and the lanyard instantly unravels to give you an extra meter of reach or so. Itís use would be similar to nunchaku or a rope chain., but I actually find it useful as a tool for hanging a bag on a tree, tossing a line over a tall branch, or just to have a little spare cordage in my pocket.  Itís about half a meter long as shown in the photo, but thereís 6 or 7 meters of paracord in there all together (not including the monkeys fist). Itís like a miniature meteor hammer that fits in your pocket and weighs about as much as a sling and a rock Smiley

I used to sell these at gun shows, and they were popular, but I havenít done that in a while. I found a few extra lanyards in my closet. Iíd be willing to trade one for a sling and a rock... maybe minus the rock Grin
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2018 at 9:36am by NooneOfConsequence »  

"Life IS pain. Anyone who says otherwise is selling something.Ē -The Dread Pirate Roberts

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Funditor

Texas
Re: Monkeys Fist
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 11:09pm

Found a couple more while cleaning out my closet...

"Life IS pain. Anyone who says otherwise is selling something.Ē -The Dread Pirate Roberts

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Funditor

Texas
Reply #2 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 9:45am

Extended

IP Logged

Kick
Interfector Viris Spurii

Finland
Reply #3 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 1:15pm

I don't have any particularly special slings but I do have a cotton string herringbone braided split pouch?

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Funditor

Texas
Reply #4 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 9:29pm

If itís from a fellow slinger like you, itís special!  I dont have a herringbone split pouch yet, so youíve got yourself a deal. What color do you want?  Blue, light blue, or red?

IP Logged

Kick
Interfector Viris Spurii

Finland
Reply #5 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 6:50am

Blue looks good to me. I can always throw in some Finnish chocolates as well if you want. I know all the good ones Cheesy

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Funditor

Texas
Reply #6 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 7:59am

The blue one is yours! If it were winter, I would definitely say yes to chocolate, but in Texas in summer, it would turn into a puddle in the envelope. Iíll PM you and we can work out all the details.

IP Logged

Kick
Interfector Viris Spurii

Finland
Reply #7 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 8:08am

Ah good point Cheesy

IP Logged

Kick
Interfector Viris Spurii

Finland
Reply #8 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 11:38am

I've just thought, what's the technique for re-contracting this after pulling the pin?

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Funditor

Texas
Reply #9 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 11:01pm

Itís a standard monkey chain... form a loop near the monkey fist; push a loop into the first loop. Repeat the loop-in-loop process until you run out of cord and pin the last loop with the hitch pin.

IP Logged

Kick
Interfector Viris Spurii

Finland
Reply #10 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 11:39pm

Awesome! I'll have to practice it Cheesy

IP Logged

Kick
Interfector Viris Spurii

Finland
Reply #11 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 12:38pm

It's arrived! It's really awesome and I can't wait to test it out. I also managed to extend it and tie it back up despite how terrible I am at knots Cheesy Thanks for the Texas key ring as well. I hope this means the slings I've sent will be arriving soon.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Funditor

Texas
Reply #12 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 11:22pm

Woohoo!  I was hoping it would arrive soon. Iím glad you like it Smiley
I will let you know as soon as the sling arrives. I didnít see it in my mailbox this morning, but Iím sure it will be here soon.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Funditor

Texas
Reply #13 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 7:01pm

Itís here!  Thanks KTO! A package with two slings just arrived fresh from Finland. I canít wait to try them out.

IP Logged

Kick
Interfector Viris Spurii

Finland
Reply #14 - Jul 28th, 2018 at 2:17am

Great to hear! I was starting to get a little worried. Hope you get some good use from them. One has a particularly large pouch for use with tennis balls and the other is more of a regular split pouch for rocks or glandes.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Chris, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus) - (Moderator Group: Forum Moderator)