Send Topic Print
Hello (Read 2013 times)
rebelprepping
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Hello
Jun 17th, 2018 at 2:16pm

Hello everyone,

I'm a bushcraft instructor who had always had an interest in primitive weapons but am new to the sling, only about a months training. I am interested in eventually using it as a hunting weapon. Currently able to  hit a game sized target at 20 feet about 1/3 of the time.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: Hello
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2018 at 11:12pm

Welcome Rebelprepping. Are you in the Southern U.S. by any chance?  Wink As you probably know we have quite a few interested in survival and primitive skills so you should fit right in around here. If you have any skills you would like to talk about or info to give please feel free to post. Pictures and videos are especially welcome.  Smiley

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #2 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 12:03am

Howdy from Texas!  We're glad you're here and can't wait to hear more about your bushcrafting.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #3 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 7:12am

Welcome from Finland!

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #4 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 5:00pm

Welcome from downunder

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

rebelprepping
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 5:06am

Morphy wrote on Jun 17th, 2018 at 11:12pm:
Welcome Rebelprepping. Are you in the Southern U.S. by any chance?  Wink As you probably know we have quite a few interested in survival and primitive skills so you should fit right in around here. If you have any skills you would like to talk about or info to give please feel free to post. Pictures and videos are especially welcome.  Smiley

Actually I'm from Britain. Though i am a massive fan of the southern united states. I've always said I was born in the wrong country, I should have been born in Texas

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #6 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 8:00am

Well just be warned... if you ever visit Texas, they won’t let you leave again until you can prove that you either shot a gun or rode a horse. There are bonus points if you shoot a gun while riding a horse, because after doing that you won’t want to leave anyway Grin

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #7 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 8:27am

rebelprepping wrote on Jun 28th, 2018 at 5:06am:
Morphy wrote on Jun 17th, 2018 at 11:12pm:

Actually I'm from Britain. Though i am a massive fan of the southern united states. I've always said I was born in the wrong country, I should have been born in Texas

Haha. That's awesome!  Grin The South has a lot of nice people. People tend to think it's all one type, but it's really a mix of everything. No matter who you are or what you like there's a place somewhere in Texas for you.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #8 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 11:32am

A common bumper sticker around here says,
”I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could!”
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2018 at 4:00am by NooneOfConsequence »  

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #9 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 5:04pm

whereabouts in the uk are you ?

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

rebelprepping
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #10 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 9:54am

Curious Aardvark wrote on Jun 28th, 2018 at 5:04pm:
whereabouts in the uk are you ?

South Yorkshire area

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #11 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 12:51pm

not too far if you got transport.

You going to the bushcraft show at the beehive farm by any chance ?

I literally live about 5 minutes drive from there.

I did try and contact the organisers in order to have a 'stall' there.
But like a lot of people they say: email us' and then never get back to you.

Failing that sure we can organise a day for you to pop down if you fancy it Smiley 

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Chris, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Bill Skinner)