Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Poll Poll
Question: What superhuman/fantasy ability would you choose for a slinger?

« Last Modified by: Luxis on: Jun 25th, 2018 at 12:59pm »

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Superhuman slinging power (Read 3155 times)
Luxis
Tiro

Rocks!

Serbia
Superhuman slinging power
Jun 3rd, 2018 at 12:48pm

OK, first of all - I tried to search for this or similar topic, and I find nothing close to it. If I'm wrong - just tell me, and let the moderators delete it.

I get the idea when I saw topic about writing a book by Kristal, and I thought to myself "Is there any superhero wearing sling as weapon of choice?" (Just found that one Robin uses slingshot and another uses sling sometimes, but they don't have superpowers.) So, I think it could be fun to hear different opinions and ideas. Maybe someone writes a story or comic book about SuperSling =D

So, what do you think? What superpower would you want to have to maximaze yours (or yours fictional heroes) slinging performance?

Pardon my English - it's crappy at the moment

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: Superhuman slinging power
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 8:19am

accuracy is the most important one.

Does not matter how hard you can sling if you can't hit what you aim at Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 9:42am

Instant kill/stun/shock, solely because I want to be able to say the phrase "set your sling to stun"

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 2:05pm

super strength or speed = power if combined
because then you would be like hulk+intelligence you already have and you don't neccessarily need to sling, you can throw boulders and by hand it's gonna be easier to aim. the accuracy can be worked.

if the trait is in the sling then high accuracy would be boring, no challenge... but high power with average accuracy would be a disaster .
maybe have a set of super slings in his pocket: high power , high accuracy, infinite ammo etc

the hero slinger i have in my mind is a hardcore guy covered in dirt wearing his tunic in all climates, never complaining doing the dirty jobs, clearing passages for the army, highly skilled but doesn't care

he also needs a beard

IP Logged

Funditor406
Descens

Shattered Remains. Wonder
why.

Turah, Montana
Reply #4 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 2:58pm

I said strength to be able to sling watermelon sized rocks with a giant sling.  Smiley

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
past-moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 5:14pm

If I have super strength, why would I need a sling?  I can just pull up a tree and throw it at something.   Grin

Super speed?  I wouldn't need to throw anything, I could just run up and hit it with a rock while going super fast.

If you don't hit them, you won't hurt them.

Infinite self reloading pouch?  Still, if you don't hit them...

I have no idea what that is.

You know Morphy, you come up with the coolest answers...

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #6 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 10:51pm

Thanks! I'm sort of a movie buff.

IP Logged

Luxis
Tiro

Rocks!

Serbia
Reply #7 - Jun 21st, 2018 at 3:45am

Morphy, I was hoping someone will say that =D

And yes, you can throw a truck or tree with super strength, and so on - but that's beside the point. But slinging 1m diameter rocks - you are, in that case, a catapult

Maybe I made a mistake not calling ability "super accuracy" - like 100%-hit-him-in-the-eyepupil-through-visor kinda accuracy

Bill, Green Lantern Ring is "ring that grants the wearer incredible and incomprehensible powers and abilities by harnessing willpower". So, basicly - sling you can change with your mind, from short sling to long sling to staffsling or any other, depending on what you need at the moment.

Sarosh, I imagine you hero like combination of Mad Max and Clint Eastwood from spaghetti westerns. Looks promising =)

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #8 - Jun 21st, 2018 at 2:13pm

Accuracy.  Because it's the most difficult to achieve.  I am strong and fast enough, where I live good ammo is laying all over the place for the taking, and if I have super accuracy I can kill or stun at will. Definitely accuracy.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #9 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 9:38am

This might ignite another flame war, but I just love that accuracy is a “superpower” when it comes to slinging. It’s certainly not something that comes easily for us mortals. 

If I had the infinite ammo pouch, I’d also want an “infinite mortar trowel” to build some sweet rock walls out of all those free river rocks... unless the infinite ammo is made of lead. If it’s infinite lead ammo, then I wouldn’t want to be responsible for the hazmat cleanup.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #10 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 7:30pm

Rat Man wrote on Jun 21st, 2018 at 2:13pm:
  Accuracy.  Because it's the most difficult to achieve.  I am strong and fast enough, where I live good ammo is laying all over the place for the taking, and if I have super accuracy I can kill or stun at will. Definitely accuracy.

I think with the right ammo accuracy is really all you would need. Razor glandes will kill just about anything that might trouble you.

You know that old saying a slow hit is better than a fast miss. Sure seems to apply to slinging.

IP Logged

Luxis
Tiro

Rocks!

Serbia
Reply #11 - Jun 25th, 2018 at 1:10pm

Here you go - now it's super accuracy  Cool
Like I said - 100%-hit-him-in-the-eyepupil-through-visor accuracy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, Kick, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, vetryan15, Morphy, Chris)