Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Long Range slinging (vid) (Read 1085 times)
Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Long Range slinging (vid)
May 16th, 2018 at 5:47pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5uOjrP7OpA

120m target practice, Target: 60x40cm orange cloth (made from T-shirt as big as human torso, reasonable size for a target)
I added subs in this one .You can read the subs or the description, it's the same.

I put arrows to indicate the projectiles trajectory, without them it would be very difficult to see anything.

I would like to discuss here the ideas i present in the video (most have already been discussed in the forum). Also i would like any feedback on the presentation of the video. (e.g. i don't like the subs..)

enjoy. Smiley

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: Long Range slinging (vid)
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2018 at 7:27pm

Nice video. It shows/explains some of the difficulties involved in longer range target practice. I like what you said at the end of your description. What are the advantages of longer range target throwing? You learn better control and to become more efficient. Probably the two most important things you can learn.

One other thing you can do is use lighter ammunition in relation to the distance you are throwing. It will also force you to gain better control and efficiency, more so than the problem-dampening effects of heavy stones.

Good stuff Sarosh. I love these videos, looking forward to your next one.

IP Logged

WojtekimbieR
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Poland
Reply #2 - May 18th, 2018 at 4:48am

What you might want to do instead of an arrow in your next video is darkening the rest of the screen, while leaving a normal brightness circle around the stone. It makes it immediately easier to spot and follow.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #3 - May 18th, 2018 at 7:34am

the subtitles are good - the music is unnecessary Smiley
You could get some flourescent paint and paint the stones.

Also shaped clay missiles would probably help as they'd fly straighter and - obviously be a lot more consistent in both weight and shape.

110m is a long way to hit a target that small.

I can throw a pretty flat trajectory that far, but most people would probably struggle.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #4 - May 18th, 2018 at 8:02am

@ WojtekimbieR I 'll try that next time to test it . Not sure but seems more work for me Tongue

@ Curious Aardvark
I was planning to make a voice over + subs but it was taking too much time and effort.
I 'm looking a source of cheap and good quality clay near me until then I'll use stones...
At such distances there is no target that I can carry in the field big enough for my skill level. So i used this one as a good reference point, very easy to carry and deploy and versatile.

Also, I used bigger stones than what I would prefer in order for them to show on camera . I'd prefer less than 100g stones and I threw more than 100g stones.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #5 - May 18th, 2018 at 11:30am

Sarosh,
If you are willing to take the time to prepare the ammo, I would recommend you paint it fluorescent green. Most cameras use something called a Bayer filter, and they have twice as many green pixels as red or blue. If you paint your ammo green, it should make the ammo more visible to the camera. It’s sort of like a reverse green screen.
If you try it, we can experiment with automatically tracking the projectiles with software so that you don’t have to do as much manual post processing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XKzQ3-iOK7k&feature=youtu.be

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, Kick, vetryan15, Rat Man, Morphy, Chris)