Send Topic Print
Hello (Read 1979 times)
MadDelver
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Milwaukee, WI, USA
Hello
May 14th, 2018 at 9:19am

Hi, I have always been a history nut, made my first sling as a teen and got half way decent with it. As an adult I made a couple slings for my buddy and I and we would drink beer while slinging golf balls into a turned over garbage can. Right now I have a couple slings I got off Amazon, but live in the city of Milwaukee and don't have the space for it. I'm interested in becoming a better slinger, sling maker, and finding consistent steel or lead ammo.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Re: Hello
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2018 at 10:06am

Welcome from Nj,  check out the clay roller 3d printed mold thread. It's awesome for consistent ammo

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #2 - May 14th, 2018 at 12:45pm

Welcome from Finland!

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #3 - May 14th, 2018 at 4:39pm

Welcome from down under

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #4 - May 14th, 2018 at 4:44pm

so what slings did you buy from amazon ?
Curiosity and market research Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

MadDelver
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Milwaukee, WI, USA
Reply #5 - May 14th, 2018 at 5:38pm

I got one made completely out of 550 cord, kind of unsure of how it would perform, and one with 550 cord and leather pouch, unsure of its durability. I got both of them to check out the construction techniques.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #6 - May 15th, 2018 at 3:56pm

got pictures ?

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #7 - May 15th, 2018 at 8:21pm

Howdy from Texas!

Are those Amazon slings the ones DavidtheShepherd sells?  Whoever it is, odds are, they’ve been on this forum at some point too. It’s really hard to make money selling slings online unless you value the time you spend making them at $0/hr.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #8 - May 26th, 2018 at 11:42am

Hello from Alabama.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #9 - May 26th, 2018 at 11:53am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 8:21pm:
Howdy from Texas!

Are those Amazon slings the ones DavidtheShepherd sells?  Whoever it is, odds are, they’ve been on this forum at some point too. It’s really hard to make money selling slings online unless you value the time you spend making them at $0/hr.

I find my etsy shop with my slings, it helps to suppliment my income.  No way any means will I ever get rich,  but I could dream.  For my slings it's about $10-$13 an hour for em. But I am more about building up reputation and getting my name out there. Mine are not the most beautiful,  but they are meant to be used and abused. 

For the record,  I find that the all paracord slings, usually suck. Really heavy,  and if you don't weave it right. It looks like crap. I started out making all paracord slings, but just stick with Natural materials, and recycled materials now.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #10 - May 26th, 2018 at 6:46pm

Welcome from Texas! Lots of different designs on the slings and slinging thread If you're interested.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Chris, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini)