Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
My First Attempt at Tiltbrush (Read 2152 times)
Funditor406
Descens

Shattered Remains. Wonder
why.

Turah, Montana
My First Attempt at Tiltbrush
May 8th, 2018 at 8:39pm

I love to create art, drawing, sculpting, and the like. I had the opportunity to make something with this VR luxury. I am aware that the gif is a little too fast. It is by no means the most impressive Tiltbrush image. But I'm sure you guys will like this. Wink

Slinger.gif (8423 KB | 49 )
Slinger.gif

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: My First Attempt at Tiltbrush
Reply #1 - May 8th, 2018 at 9:01pm

That's beautiful TMS. I had to look up tilt brush. I have to admit that looks like a lot of fun.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #2 - May 9th, 2018 at 2:02am

Awesome!

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Drakolith
Funditor

U.S.
Reply #3 - May 9th, 2018 at 8:29am

That’s very cool, I didn’t know this type of art was a thing.

“When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #4 - May 9th, 2018 at 8:38am

can you spin it the other way ?
Looks like he's catching the glande Smiley

Cracking drawing though Thumbs Up

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Funditor406
Descens

why.

Turah, Montana
Reply #5 - May 9th, 2018 at 5:49pm

Yeah lol, I didn't think about the rotational direction at first, but Google in their mighty wisdom thought that a clockwise rotation was adequate for anyone trying to make a gif on Poly. Thanks for the Positive Feedback!

I wonder, could we perhaps use Tiltbrush to create stills (presumably more physically accurate than this) that can help new slingers to use better form by allowing them to pan around the still image? We could create a Google Poly or SketchFab page, then somebody with VR (I don't have my own Cry) can draw the stills of each technique's release points.  Cheesy

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #6 - May 17th, 2018 at 11:51am

If you want physically accurate, I can export snapshots from my Mocap session as stl files, and you could use the mocap marker points as a guide for an embellished tiltbrush drawing

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #7 - May 17th, 2018 at 4:06pm

Both are badass

IP Logged

Funditor406
Descens

why.

Turah, Montana
Reply #8 - May 17th, 2018 at 4:59pm

@NooneOfConsequence: Yes! Send me some of those files, I'll see if I can get around doing some more when I get those.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #9 - May 18th, 2018 at 2:08pm

Ok, that went faster than I anticipated...  Here is a snapshot from the sidearm mocap data.  Instead of points, there is a 5mm sphere at every mocap marker location (10mm for the sling to make it stand out a bit).  Let me know if this works for you.  I have overhand, underhand, and the figure-8 (animated above) that I can do the same thing with, but I don't want to go through the effort until I know it's going to work for you.

sidearm_snapshot.zip (183 KB | 39 )

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Funditor406
Descens

why.

Turah, Montana
Reply #10 - May 18th, 2018 at 2:58pm

@NooneOfConsequence: Thanks, I'll do something with that. Can you see if you can send the full BIP (or whatever you have for Mocap Data)? So that I could see if I could apply the animation to something in 3ds Max (my tech teacher takes a lot of interest in your Mocap GIFs).

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #11 - May 18th, 2018 at 5:44pm

check the roboslinger topic. I posted the raw data there for anyone to use for personal/hobby use.

Shortcut is http://www.roboslinger.com

EDIT: looks like the link is broken again... I’ll try to fix it soon

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #12 - May 18th, 2018 at 5:50pm

If your teacher wants to use these in a class, just pm me and I will give you my contact info so they can talk to me about it.  They may need help getting the data into a usable format, but I’m also curious about how my sling mocap data will be used.

IP Logged

Funditor406
Descens

why.

Turah, Montana
Reply #13 - May 18th, 2018 at 6:07pm

I'll make sure these requests are met. Wink

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #14 - May 19th, 2018 at 12:26am

The roboslinger.com link should point back to the forum again.  Either way, the 3D Mocap files are available for anyone to use now.
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2018 at 8:23am by NooneOfConsequence »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus)