Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What's At the Top of Your Bucket List? (Read 2826 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
What's At the Top of Your Bucket List?
Apr 29th, 2018 at 2:30pm

For 58 years one of the top items on my bucket list was seeing my beloved Philadelphia Eagles win the big one again.  The last time they had won a championship was six years before there even was a Super Bowl. In that they finally accomplished that feat this year that leaves me with one big item at the top of my list.
    Before I check out I want to see tRump and his cohorts get what's coming to them.  After that I can leave this earth a  satisfied man. 
     A little farther down the list I'd like to see John Fogerty of Creedence Clearwater fame perform live.  He still tours and is still very good.  He's performing near here in July but I just don't have the extra scratch right now.  Maybe someday before one of us croaks. [pre][/pre]

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Re: What's At the Top of Your Bucket List?
Reply #1 - Apr 29th, 2018 at 6:33pm

I would like to be be able to finish a board bow I started years ago. Got a hernia fixing a roof and have not been phyically able to push or pull. Maybe this will be the year I can get it done Smiley

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #2 - Apr 29th, 2018 at 10:26pm

I would like to find at least one gold nugget with a metal detector. That would thrilling.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #3 - Apr 29th, 2018 at 11:18pm

If can finish the gauntlet I've started I'll be happy Cheesy I have a lot of filing to do...

Another thing would be to make an album. I have almost no musical talent, I can't really play any instruments but I've been really inspired by industrial music bands like Throbbing Gristle and their lead singer Genesis P-Orridge. They basically have the philosophy that if something makes a noise, it's an instrument and if someone uses a thing to make a noise, they're a musician. Those who are trained to use instruments can be very impressive and play amazing music but they might never play certain chords, or combinations of chords because they've been taught it's "wrong" or they just don't experiment in the same way as someone that doesn't actually know what they're doing. I really like this attitude to music. With this in mind I want to put an experimental music album together using any old junk I have lying about. The big metal pan I use as a target, for example, makes a pretty cool noise when dropped, I can use a wooden wine box I have for percussion, my girlfriend has her childhood recorder which I don't know how to play "properly" but that I can make some sounds with along with a kantele (traditional Finnish stringed instrument), we have plenty of pots and pans, sticks, glass bottles, a jaw harp I've had since I was a kid, cardboard boxes etc etc.

Basically I'm going to make a load of noise and see if any of it sounds ok-ish Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #4 - Apr 30th, 2018 at 7:24am

See the northern lights.
Those see through igloo-tents they have in norway and finland would probably be favourite.

Win a medal for slinging at the olympics Smiley

No real upper age limit in that one - so I live in hope Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #5 - Apr 30th, 2018 at 9:12am

Even though I live in Finland I still haven't seen the Northern Lights. Have to go up North some day.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #6 - Apr 30th, 2018 at 11:21am

Morphy wrote on Apr 29th, 2018 at 10:26pm:
I would like to find at least one gold nugget with a metal detector. That would thrilling.

do you own a metal detector ?

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #7 - Apr 30th, 2018 at 8:09pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on Apr 30th, 2018 at 11:21am:
Morphy wrote on Apr 29th, 2018 at 10:26pm:

do you own a metal detector ?

No sir, I guess that would be step 1.  Cheesy

A good friend of mine in Cali. was into metal detecting. The guy was serious about it. He would go to town hall or wherever they kept the records of where things were built over the years and look up where settlements used to be and go metal detecting there. He had a nice collection of old coins and heirlooms found in such spots. What looked like nothing more than a field might have been a mining town a hundred plus years ago with all sorts of interesting stuff buried.

In turn I got him into slinging and mushroom hunting. Good times. Are you into metal detecting CA?

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #8 - May 1st, 2018 at 7:16am

Nope - but winning the lottery is on my bucket list.
I just need to start buying lottery tickets - figured the gold nugget might be along the same lines Smiley

Had a detector as a kid. Amazing how much silver foil there is in the world. that and ring pulls from drinks cans was 99.999% of everything we ever found.

Beaches are your best bet, people seem to drop a lot of stuff on beaches. I've never lived near a beach Sad

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #9 - May 2nd, 2018 at 5:12pm

Hard to really say but one that's suited to this site is competing in Mallorca.

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #10 - May 2nd, 2018 at 5:34pm

I've had metal detectors in the past. All you find in New Jersey is metal trash. There are amazing artifacts to be found like Revolutionary War leftovers, but finding any of that through the endless supply of metal litter here takes more patience than I have.

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #11 - May 2nd, 2018 at 8:09pm

I'm against bucket lists.   Grin 

I sort of have the feeling that if I accomplish everything on it, I have to die.   Grin  And if you do everything on it, now what?

So, every time I see something I think is cool or could be fun, I just plan to do it some day.  When I get around to it.

After all, I've got plenty of time, I'm only 26.  That's when I quit having birthdays, I just didn't see much purpose in having anymore, after that.   Cool   

IP Logged

Drakolith
Funditor

U.S.
Reply #12 - May 3rd, 2018 at 4:35pm

My list isn’t in any particular order, so what happens to be at the top of mine is to go dog sledding some day. Seems fun.

“When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #13 - May 5th, 2018 at 10:04am

@ Bill, I quit @ 33. Same reason; no point.

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #14 - May 6th, 2018 at 8:57am

Wow, 33 is old.  That means you started settling down and all.

I picked 26 because you can still do off the wall stuff and people just put it down to youth.  If you go past 30 and still do it, that means you're crazy.   Grin Roll Eyes

Although I have to admit that due to global warming, I don't seem to heal up quite as fast as I did.   Smiley  What's up with that?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini)