IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Re: Snowball slinging
Reply #1 - Apr 27th, 2018 at 12:33pm

I do love snowball ammo Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #2 - Apr 27th, 2018 at 2:09pm

In South Texas, we only get to do that every 5-10 years  Cry

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #3 - Apr 27th, 2018 at 10:35pm

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Apr 27th, 2018 at 2:09pm:
In South Texas, we only get to do that every 5-10 years  Cry

I think we got a few inches this year during "The Great Blizzard of '18". Nearly brought Houston to a stand still. Funny how during Harvey people were stubbornly trying to drive through a raging river but one light snow and a little ice and it's the end of the world.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #4 - Apr 28th, 2018 at 12:44am

Morphy, if we could only find a way to turn balls of sweat and humidity into ammo for the sling, us Texans would have it made. Or maybe we could use prickly pear fruit?  That might actually make decent ammo, and it’s way more common than snow around here.
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2018 at 7:03pm by NooneOfConsequence »  

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

TheJackinati

Slinging Rocks!

Australia
Reply #5 - Apr 28th, 2018 at 2:16am

You know, Texas is probably like Australia...

Except we get all the deadly, weird and poisonous creatures, And you have all the guns. Tongue

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #6 - May 2nd, 2018 at 5:26pm

Your videos are always entertaining, Timpa.

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
past-moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #7 - May 2nd, 2018 at 6:07pm

I confess to giggling like a manic while watching.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #8 - May 2nd, 2018 at 7:19pm

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Apr 28th, 2018 at 12:44am:
Morphy, if we could only find a way to turn balls of sweat and humidity into ammo for the sling, us Texans would have it made. Or maybe we could use prickly pear fruit?  That might actually make decent ammo, and it’s way more common than snow around here.

Or cow pies for that matter. Pick the right pie and you have hallucinogenic ammo. Chemical warfare at it's finest.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #9 - May 3rd, 2018 at 12:23am

Cowpie ammo... that might work, but you’d probably have to polish it first Grin

IP Logged

timpa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Stones in the horizon

Finland
Reply #10 - May 3rd, 2018 at 5:53pm

Thanks guys!

Good "applications"  Cheesy

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #11 - May 21st, 2018 at 2:54pm

How about used clumping kitty litter ammo?  You'd get a consistent oval shape and your supply would be almost unlimited.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #12 - May 25th, 2018 at 6:16am

Rat Man wrote on May 21st, 2018 at 2:54pm:
How about used clumping kitty litter ammo?  You'd get a consistent oval shape and your supply would be almost unlimited.

You might even find some ammo pre-formed already waiting in the litter box  Grin

If you try this, get the unscented stuff. I tried using kitty litter based mud as a mobility obstacle for tactical robots a few years ago, and the whole building smelled like chemical deodorant for months!

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #13 - May 25th, 2018 at 9:37am

One of my co-workers is getting into slinging. His idea was to get the cheap clay kitty litter and reconstitute it essentially back into wet clay and mold it into ammo. Not sure how that went but seems like a cheap source of clay if it works.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #14 - May 28th, 2018 at 7:34am

There are two main types of kitty litter: clumping and non-clumping. The non-clumping litter is basically just bentonite clay. I suppose you could grind it to powder and reconstitute it as ammo, but there are probably less expensive sources for industrial bentonite if you look in the oil and gas industry or rock quarry chemical suppliers. Bentonite clay is not the best for ammo though. It absorbs water and expands more than most other clays, so you’d have to keep ithe ammo nice and dry or it’ll fall apart.

... oh, also, the clumping litter uses polymer binders and probably wouldn’t work very well either.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Kick, Rat Man, vetryan15, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker)