Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
perhaps we should make ten slings each and send them, lol (Read 2323 times)
RS
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

perhaps we should make ten slings each and send them, lol
Mar 28th, 2018 at 4:56pm

i predict some broken glass, but...u guys gotta read this.

http://wnep.com/2018/03/22/superintendent-says-students-are-armed-with-rocks-in-...

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Re: perhaps we should make ten slings each and send them, lol
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2018 at 6:07pm

lol
guess what    his name's david   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #2 - Mar 28th, 2018 at 8:09pm

Just ridiculous.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #3 - Mar 28th, 2018 at 8:13pm

Yeh  I heard that on the local news the other day, I am a couple of hours away from them. Pa, has relaxed gun laws. But overall I think the idea is rather stupid

IP Logged

RockerSlinger
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #4 - Mar 28th, 2018 at 8:58pm

It isn't great, but I would rather have a rock than an eraser.

IP Logged

RS
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5 - Mar 28th, 2018 at 9:20pm

kind of a good point rockerslinger....at first i thought it was silly, but after consideration i have two points to bring up for discussion.  first being: 

supposed they did have slings and rocks....sure a gun man would kill some, but in a school of hundreds or thousands of kids and teachers, 15 or 20 slinging rocks simultaneously could be a damper for the guy's good time...but it would require training, not just in rock throwing/slinging but in coordinating the return strike, i.e. military tactics.

secondly though and this is the one i've been ponder the hardest since giving this consideration....even if in practicality it turned out to be a stupid idea for providing safety, in theory and in the immediate, perhaps it does something as equally important...giving the students some sense of self empowerment and a feeling of confidence to be able to defend themselves, thus making them at least feel safer in a place that probably is safe, but granting to them some level of reassurance..idk how it is in the rest of the world, but a lot of american kids are afraid to go to school these days. a real life and death fear.  the press is much to blame for the sensationalism, but nonetheless if/when the danger does appear it is real and bad.  so to me, just having something like that, to where the anxiety of being nothing but a target has a feeling of relief for one's own defense...imo, that makes it not such a bad idea in the current environment.  and allow kids to focus on study, fear a failing grade...instead of the other.  just my opinion.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #6 - Mar 29th, 2018 at 7:36am

When this story aired locally,  they interviewed some students at the
high school.  All of them said, they wouldn't even think of picking up a rock in that kind of situation.  Personally I am in favor of higher up school administration having firearms. Like principals and vice principals. They would have training of course, inmy opinion,  most trusted there, and have more to lose in that type of situation. (  My high school had 2 vice principals.  So that would have been 3 people for example.)  Not the teachers.  I don't trust them. Every other day, there is a mental case caught sleeping with an under age student it seems like.

IP Logged

RS
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #7 - Apr 11th, 2018 at 3:23pm

this is it!  nothing better to take on an ar15 held by a loonytoon...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/school-district-arms-teachers-with-small-baseb...

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #8 - Apr 11th, 2018 at 3:37pm

Strangely, here in Texas, they couldn't legally give teachers baseball bats as weapons, because it's illegal to carry a club unless you are a police officer or a licensed security guard... Of course, the Texas legislature just made it 100% legal for the average citizen to walk down the street with a samurai sword if they so please, so I'm not sure why clubs are such a danger to society.  It's really much ado about nothing anyway, because almost everyone owns a gun.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

RS
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #9 - Apr 11th, 2018 at 5:11pm

i'd still rather have rocks, man...i mean, this...this...a lil toothpick sized bat to defend against a shooter?...even offering that would have pissed me off, for real. 

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #10 - Apr 11th, 2018 at 8:08pm

Rocks wouldn't really do.much, except to piss off the shooter.  Plus all these millenials don't know how to throw rocks,  and might hurt themselves, attempting to do something that generations before them, have no problem doing.

IP Logged

RS
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #11 - Apr 11th, 2018 at 9:40pm

modified post: nevermind  last post, nothing to see here.  i am taking a couple days off after tonite to look deeper into something...talk to ya later.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2018 at 4:42pm by RS »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, Kick, Rat Man, vetryan15, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, Chris)