Pet peeves (Read 57125 times)
Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: Pet peeves
Reply #90 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 1:43pm

people who answer statements with questions.

me: the sky is blue.
them: is that right ?

Or any of a dozen responses that are all questioning what you just said.
Damn that's annoying !

People who answer yes/no questions with a vague ambiguity.

Me: would you like a cup of coffee ?
them: are you having one ?

it's a bloody yes or no question, did I say: "would you like a cup of coffee, just be aware I won't actually make you one unless I want one myself and I had a cup about 10 minutes ago, so it's unlikely I will actually make you a cup of coffee. Not sure why I even bothered asking. "

I've more or less trained my mate to just say yes or no.
Anything else and I don't make him one Smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2018 at 12:07pm by Curious Aardvark »  

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #91 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 9:12pm

Miracle Whip.  It has no right to exist.  Horrible stuff.

mw.JPG (15 KB | 63 )
mw.JPG

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #92 - Feb 26th, 2019 at 10:40am

Awards shows.  TV, music, and  movie people get all dressed up and tell each other how great they are for a couple of hours.  I'll pass.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #93 - Feb 28th, 2019 at 10:21am

Rat Man wrote on Feb 26th, 2019 at 10:40am:
    Awards shows.  TV, music, and  movie people get all dressed up and tell each other how great they are for a couple of hours.  I'll pass.

And they'll shove the thing full of adverts. I've heard the Oscars as a show is dying and it doesn't surprise me at all. Anyone that does care can just check Twitter or some news website after the show is over and the thing itself is so long! Absolutely pointless waste of time and, as you said, just serves to stroke egos that are already massive.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #94 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 7:03pm

I live in a land of ignorant, lazy slobs. There is litter everywhere in New Jersey.  Other places not that far from here are nothing like this. I've been throughout New England and there is virtually no trash there.  Of course they have a deposit on bottles and cans there which helps but that's just a part of it.  I don't know why but people are just slobs around here. Every day I walk past the public trash cans around my little Lake Renee. Every day there is trash just a few feet from those cans thrown on the ground. It's like that all over the state. The wind almost always blows west to east here. Unfortunately we are on the east end of the lake.  There is always an endless supply of trash blown to our shore. I mean LOTS of trash. The little woods near me is full of trash.  There is trash all over our beautiful Pinelands. I could go on.
    I don't know why there are so many slobs per square mile here.  If you're heading south from New  England it seems to start as you approach New York City. From there south it's the Land of the Slobazoids. It doesn't seem to peter out until you get well into Maryland.  I have no theory as to why people are such pigs around here.  It certainly pisses me off.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #95 - Mar 30th, 2019 at 8:19pm

The water that initially comes out of squeeze bottles of mustard and catsup that gets all over your bread and makes it soggy.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #96 - Mar 30th, 2019 at 11:29pm

Catsup?  CATSUP???! Did you really just mis-spell ketchup in the pet peeves topic?!  You’re a brave one Rat Man! LOL Grin

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Eudave

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #97 - Mar 31st, 2019 at 4:45pm

I am with you on that one "Kick"
I don't mind it to much if given its correct French pronunciation.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #98 - Apr 1st, 2019 at 5:25am

Rat Man wrote on Mar 10th, 2019 at 7:03pm:
   I live in a land of ignorant, lazy slobs. There is litter everywhere in New Jersey.  Other places not that far from here are nothing like this. I've been throughout New England and there is virtually no trash there.  Of course they have a deposit on bottles and cans there which helps but that's just a part of it.  I don't know why but people are just slobs around here. Every day I walk past the public trash cans around my little Lake Renee. Every day there is trash just a few feet from those cans thrown on the ground. It's like that all over the state. The wind almost always blows west to east here. Unfortunately we are on the east end of the lake.  There is always an endless supply of trash blown to our shore. I mean LOTS of trash. The little woods near me is full of trash.  There is trash all over our beautiful Pinelands. I could go on.
    I don't know why there are so many slobs per square mile here.  If you're heading south from New  England it seems to start as you approach New York City. From there south it's the Land of the Slobazoids. It doesn't seem to peter out until you get well into Maryland.  I have no theory as to why people are such pigs around here.  It certainly pisses me off.

Up in maine it's a ton of lazy people.  I just had a conversation about this at work last night with a coworker.  At home this locals are hard workers, but at their place of employment they are lazy. I work matience,  and am constantly cleanly up after grown adults. Not talking big spills, but little little poopy, for example the employee breakroom.  Meets messy people

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #99 - Apr 1st, 2019 at 6:59am

youtube videos and television shows that are people being filmed 'reacting' to things they are watching on the tv or youtube.

WHY ?????????????????

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #100 - Apr 1st, 2019 at 7:06am

Curious Aardvark wrote on Apr 1st, 2019 at 6:59am:
youtube videos and television shows that are people being filmed 'reacting' to things they are watching on the tv or youtube.

WHY ?????????????????

I think the best are  the elderly or children reacting to certain music.  I find it hilarious.  For example 80 yo people listening to heavy metal music, like slipknot. Facial expressions and reactions are classic.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #101 - Apr 1st, 2019 at 3:30pm

When you're reduced to watching other people watch videos - you seriously need a hobby !

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #102 - Apr 1st, 2019 at 10:13pm

I feel like that some days

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #103 - Apr 3rd, 2019 at 9:18am

Is it much better to be having a discussion about reactions to people watching videos of people reacting to YouTube videos?
Slingers react to Youtubers React... it could be the next big hit on YouTube!  LOL

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #104 - Apr 3rd, 2019 at 3:28pm

it's a list of pet peeves - 'reaction' media is one of my pet peeves Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Chris)