Send Topic Print
Pet peeves (Read 57187 times)
slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Re: Pet peeves
Reply #75 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 6:20am

Hallmark channel has been showing Christmas movies since the beginning of October. For the love of God, why?

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #76 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 6:54am

I feel like they ruined Christmas for me somewhat with the constant Christmas music. I used to love those songs but some of the radio stations I listen to play 24/7 Christmas music for months coming up to Christmas. Seriously? It makes no sense.

Still love A Christmas Story. They can't ruin that for me. 😁

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #77 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 6:34pm

Can’t ruin A Christmas Story?!  You’ve obviously never seen the sequel. Boy did they ruin it!
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt2281069/

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #78 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 6:59pm

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Nov 3rd, 2018 at 6:34pm:
Can’t ruin A Christmas Story?!  You’ve obviously never seen the sequel. Boy did they ruin it!

Next you'll be claiming they made a 4th Indiana Jones. I'm not falling for that.😁

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #79 - Nov 4th, 2018 at 7:03am

we've actually got a new channel appeared that is just called christmas.
Some bloody awful films on it too Smiley

I guess now halloween has happened christ,as is now legit.

Me I'd limit all advertising until the week before - when i do all my shopping lol

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #80 - Nov 5th, 2018 at 9:06pm

Morphy wrote on Nov 3rd, 2018 at 6:59pm:

Next you'll be claiming they made a 4th Indiana Jones. I'm not falling for that.😁

Let’s see... Shia LeBoeuf, aliens... nope. There was definitely NOT a 4th Indiana Jones movie.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #81 - Nov 8th, 2018 at 8:09am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Nov 5th, 2018 at 9:06pm:
Morphy wrote on Nov 3rd, 2018 at 6:59pm:

Let’s see... Shia LeBoeuf, aliens... nope. There was definitely NOT a 4th Indiana Jones movie.

Phew... Scared me there for a second.  Smiley

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #82 - Nov 25th, 2018 at 11:51am

Advertisements stuck in the middle of videos piss me off to no end.  I boycott the products. If we all did the practice would stop. JS

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #83 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 7:23am

My biggest one is. If someone asks me for help. I start helping. Then they push me out if the way to do it themselves.  Then why ask me to help in the first place?

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #84 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 8:07am

Passengers that continue to give directions to where you are going when you have been clearly going there without there help the entire time. Do they think you've just been guessing the whole time hoping they will chime in at any moment?  Grin Haha. I really don't understand that mindset.

The other one is really specific. One of my fellow survivalist/primitive skils friends talks to me about bows and slings at times. He will send me a video or a text and I'll say something like "So when are you going to start on primitive weapons? You should make a bow, it's fun." The response will invariably be something like , "You need at least a X, Y and Z to make a bow and I don't have those tools." In the past I would try to encourage him with "Naw your good, you could make one even with just a hatchet and a knife. No problem." But no. He's watched several YouTube videos. He's an expert now.  Grin

Thing is he's super sharp, very smart guy.  But he has a hard time understanding for some people this is not a passing hobby. We might actually know things he doesn't.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #85 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 8:16pm

People who text you then don't answer your response, even if it's right away. Like what the hell?

IP Logged

Drakolith
Funditor

U.S.
Reply #86 - Nov 28th, 2018 at 11:19am

Talking about texting, people liking texts on iOS annoys me. Gives a notification as if they sent a message but they didn’t, just sent a like. Anyone else?

“When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #87 - Dec 2nd, 2018 at 8:31pm

Drakolith wrote on Nov 28th, 2018 at 11:19am:
Talking about texting, people liking texts on iOS annoys me. Gives a notification as if they sent a message but they didn’t, just sent a like. Anyone else?

Yes! Just frickin’ respond to the text already! It’s not Facebook... come to think of it, it was dumb on Facebook too.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #88 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 9:33am

Canned pasta products like Chef Boyardee canned ravioli or Franco-american SpaghettiO's. Soggy noodles that have been sitting in a can for months or years in sorry catsup water. My late wife used to love them. Good God, how do people eat that poopy?!  Boxed spaghetti takes just minutes to cook and pasta from scratch isn't all that hard to make. I would literally rather eat dog food than canned pasta. UGH!!

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #89 - Dec 17th, 2018 at 9:35am

I am old and miserable with many pet peeves.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini)