Send Topic Print
Pet peeves (Read 57148 times)
vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Re: Pet peeves
Reply #165 - Nov 3rd, 2019 at 4:55pm

I agree.  I work pt at a grocery store up here. Right after Halloween.  Christmas candy was replacing it.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #166 - Nov 4th, 2019 at 2:07am

As a European, I'm now ok with Christmas stuff appearing. Before Halloween though? Definitely death penalty. I mean, really Halloween 24/7 365 days a year, but between the END of Halloween and Christmas day? Acceptable.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #167 - Nov 4th, 2019 at 6:38am

Rat Man wrote on Nov 3rd, 2019 at 4:04pm:
   This has been mentioned before but they're playing Christmas commercials on TV already, three weeks before Thanksgiving.  That's surely enough to piss off the pope.  If I was made emperor, king, dictator, or whatever my very first law would be absolutely no freakin' Christmas commercials until after Thanksgiving under penalty of death by slow torture!!!! Ho ho freakin' ho!

Hallmark channel is doing Christmas movies all year long now!!

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #168 - Nov 4th, 2019 at 6:42am

slingbadger wrote on Nov 4th, 2019 at 6:38am:

I don't to write off an entire country, but the US seems more and more like a dystopia the more I hear about it...

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #169 - Nov 4th, 2019 at 12:50pm

Fake laughter and canned laughter.  Sports shows are some of the worst offenders when it comes to fake laughter.  Some has been ex jock says something not the least bit funny and it's a big yuck fest.  "Good one, big guy! Yuck, yuck, yuck!" 
    Even when I was a child I found canned laughter strange and annoying.  It's like "You're to stupid to know when to laugh at these inane lines so we'll push a button telling you when this crap is funny."  Though I've been exposed to it my entire life I still find the whole concept of canned laughter totally odd. 
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2019 at 9:17pm by Rat Man »  

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #170 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 1:10am

Kick wrote on Nov 4th, 2019 at 6:42am:
slingbadger wrote on Nov 4th, 2019 at 6:38am:

I don't to write off an entire country, but the US seems more and more like a dystopia the more I hear about it...

Yeah. It’s the worst place in the world... except for everywhere else!  Grin

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #171 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 6:31am

Social media tough guys. Thy are decked out in camo and rant and rave about killing terrorists, but aren't willing to join the military.
Same thing with people who cover their trucks with bumper stickers about the same subject. If you want to be part of the solution, join up.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #172 - Nov 5th, 2019 at 6:54am

still phoebe - she rolled in it a couple days later as well Sad

And amazon boxes. Do they deliberately find the least appropriate sized of packaging for the small items ?

Had a small led light strip delivered yesterday, the box was large enough to serve as the coffin for a small child.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #173 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 12:34pm

slingbadger wrote on Nov 5th, 2019 at 6:31am:
Social media tough guys. Thy are decked out in camo and rant and rave about killing terrorists, but aren't willing to join the military.
Same thing with people who cover their trucks with bumper stickers about the same subject. If you want to be part of the solution, join up.

I agree totally, sb.  There is nothing more pathetic and cowardly than a Facebook tough guy.  Everyone is tough through a keyboard and monitor.
    Personally I would never put anything political on any of my vehicles.  By doing so one makes his/her vehicle a target.  Especially now, with America so completely polarized over the putrid orange slug.  I'm not afraid to speak  my mind but I don't openly invite trouble.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #174 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 12:40pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on Nov 1st, 2019 at 10:42am:
Proper pet peeve.
Phoebe rolled in fox crap wednesday - I was peeved whistle

Around here there is always deer crap.  All of my dogs have loved it. Not only do they roll in it but some of them have (God forbid) eaten it.  Crap from ungulates in general seems to hold a special fascination for dogs.  Nasty.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #175 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 3:39pm

Hares abound around our area and my girlfriend's family dogs stay with us now and then and love it. Los of little round sweets for them. They don't just enjoy hare poo though. Goose, dog, even human if they're "lucky" enough to find it. Later, after the walk, they'll get all confused when I push them off when they try and lick my face...

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #176 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 4:31pm

When i worked in animal care.  We used to call rabbit poop. 'Dog friendly chocolate '  Grin
Since getting our flock started. Our dogs LOVE, chicken and especially LOVE the turkey poop

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #177 - Nov 7th, 2019 at 5:03pm

You guys are all making me very glad I have a cat. Wink

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #178 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 6:57am

people cancelling important things at the last minute. Angry

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #179 - Nov 8th, 2019 at 6:26pm

Used to have a Rhodesian Ridgeback who would try to lick our pet rats behind for any urine droplets. She would lick and then stand with her head up and make a tik, tik, tik sound as she swirled the aroma around in her mouth. Like watching someone sip a 25 year old single malt Glenlivet. Lol. Dogs are so gross.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Chris)