Judging by Arse i assume you are a British new Jersey ite

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: Pet peeves
Reply #151 - Sep 2nd, 2019 at 12:01am

Rat Man wrote on Sep 1st, 2019 at 2:24pm:
    Once I was driving down one of our New Jersey highways, 295, in my Cable TV work van.  I was in the passing lane passing some slow moving vehicles. I looked in my rear view and there was a car glued to my rear bumper as close as I've ever seen someone tailgate before. I spend up and put on my turn signal to indicate that I was getting over into the middle lane so he could pass me.  I expected this would get the jerk off of my ass but he stayed glued to my rear bumper.  We were traveling much to fast for me to safely give him a break check.  I got past the slower traffic, pulled into the middle lane, and flipped the jerk the bird as he passed by.  To my surprise it was a state cop. He was so close to my rear bumper that I couldn't see his strobe lights (which weren't on).  The shelf in my truck blocked my view of them.  He pulled up next to me and gave me the evil eye.  From the shocked look on my face he must have figured out that I had no idea he was a Statey.  He sped off and left me to stuff my heart back into my chest.  Had he given me a ticket I would have fought it in court no matter how useless such and endeavor might have proven.  He was driving recklessly for no apparent reason.  Anyway it ended well..

Technically, at least in America, you can say or offend a cop in any way you choose and they can't legally do anything. A police officer is not legally allowed to be offended by a citizen. Now of course, we know in the real world they can and will find all sorts of false reasons to cite you if you do, but you were within your rights to do so. I'm glad it ended well for you though.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #152 - Sep 3rd, 2019 at 5:57pm

Eudave wrote on Sep 1st, 2019 at 3:09pm:
Judging by Arse i assume you are a British new Jersey ite

My father was half British.

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #153 - Sep 8th, 2019 at 10:55pm

Rat Man wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 12:44pm:
Curious Aardvark wrote on May 12th, 2019 at 1:28pm:
you're showing the backwards way to load toilet roll. Obviously it's meant to hang down the front NOT the back Smiley

I will remedy this in other people's houses, oh yeah lol

LOL. I have been known to turn the roll around in other people's houses too. 

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #154 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 6:17am

correct Smiley
lol

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #155 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 4:25pm

Fortunately we've learned much since 1891.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #156 - Sep 16th, 2019 at 12:34pm

Toilet paper roll positioning is one of the most polarizing debates in our society.  Both sides are certain that they're right and see placing the roll opposite of their preference is blatantly, obviously wrong. When I see it in the over the top position it looks stupid and annoying to me, as I'm sure the under position looks to the other side.  It has always been this way and always will be.  The question is why?
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2019 at 12:21pm by Rat Man »  

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #157 - Sep 16th, 2019 at 2:11pm

Rat Man wrote on Sep 16th, 2019 at 12:34pm:
The question is why?

the right way, shown above, is right because the toilet paper is just hanging and not touching the wall or anything else ,also  a smaller length is hanging and you have better access to it. if I put it backwards then it will rest on the recess of the wall. with the right way you can also pull at almost any direction without friction whereas with the backwards way there will be friction if pulled downwards.

P.s. I'm also annoyed, every time i see it backwards i correct it

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #158 - Sep 17th, 2019 at 9:15pm

I know I mentioned chiggers earlier.  For the second time this Summer I am chiggered.  This time it's my ankles.  They are ground meat right now.  I hate chiggers.

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #159 - Sep 17th, 2019 at 10:33pm

Extreme heat, humidity, chiggers and ticks Angry

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #160 - Sep 18th, 2019 at 1:40pm

I've mentioned this before.  When I was growing up we practically lived in the woods.  There were no chiggers here in Jersey then.  I never saw any until the mid eighties.  I don't have any data to support this theory but I very strongly suspect that global warming has allowed chiggers to extend their range farther north, reaching us here... unfortunately for my ankles.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #161 - Oct 31st, 2019 at 9:51pm

People with two last names.  Jennifer Love Hewitt. Abercrombie Destinkerwitz-Defenfailer.  Why would somebody need too last names?  How pretentious.  Like one isn't enough. So when people with two last names marry do their children have four last names?

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #162 - Nov 1st, 2019 at 3:52am

I knew someone with the last names Gunter-Zak which honestly is a pretty cool name Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #163 - Nov 1st, 2019 at 10:42am

Proper pet peeve.
Phoebe rolled in fox crap wednesday - I was peeved whistle

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #164 - Nov 3rd, 2019 at 4:04pm

This has been mentioned before but they're playing Christmas commercials on TV already, three weeks before Thanksgiving.  That's surely enough to piss off the pope.  If I was made emperor, king, dictator, or whatever my very first law would be absolutely no freakin' Christmas commercials until after Thanksgiving under penalty of death by slow torture!!!! Ho ho freakin' ho!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini)