Send Topic Print
Pet peeves (Read 57159 times)
NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Re: Pet peeves
Reply #105 - Apr 6th, 2019 at 12:34am

I have no problem with listing it... I just find it very meta Smiley

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #106 - Apr 7th, 2019 at 1:40pm

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Mar 30th, 2019 at 11:29pm:
Catsup?  CATSUP???! Did you really just mis-spell ketchup in the pet peeves topic?!  You’re a brave one Rat Man! LOL Grin

I rarely if ever misspell anything.

Catsup.JPG (33 KB | 54 )
Catsup.JPG

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #107 - Apr 7th, 2019 at 1:49pm

It might be an age thing.  When I was a kid it was always spelled catsup. I think ketchup is a modernized version of the word.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #108 - Apr 16th, 2019 at 7:15pm

Bugs that fly down your throat.

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #109 - Apr 16th, 2019 at 7:55pm

black flies in your ear; rattling and bouncing around in the inner ear Angry

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #110 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 4:57pm

Blackflies are awful. I'm very happy they don't make it as far south as Jersey.  Such a tiny thing yet they draw blood.  Down the Shore in the Summer we have Greenheads... a vicious, vile bug. Their bite stings almost as  much as a bee sting.  Greenheads are big, mean, and can bite you through clothing.  If you don't really clobber them when you swat them they just laugh at you and swat you back.  They seem to love insect repellent.  Often your only option is to leave.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #111 - Apr 20th, 2019 at 12:46pm

People who hang their toilet paper rolls backwards. WTH is wrong with you? Below is the only way to hang a toilet paper roll. The other way is obviously backwards.  Are you blind?

TP.JPG (49 KB | 54 )
TP.JPG

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #112 - Apr 20th, 2019 at 12:47pm

WHAT!? Rat Man... I agree with, I think all of yur pet peeves but this... this is wrong. Plain and simple  Grin

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #113 - Apr 23rd, 2019 at 4:20pm

Previews that give away the whole show or movie.   Like, you just showed me all of the best scenes.  Why watch it now?

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #114 - May 11th, 2019 at 8:29pm

Old Westerns when someone gets shot in the shoulder.  They blow it off like it was nothing. "Shucks, it's just a shoulder wound.  You'll be fine in a few days."  If you take a 45 slug to the shoulder you won't be fine in a few days.  You could bleed to death or die of shock or infection.  Chances are that shoulder will never be the same again. A 45 is no joke.

Edit:  the same thing often happens in war movies.  "Are you OK?"  "I'm just hit in the leg. I'll be fine."  In the real world that leg is badly mangled and will most likely never be the same again.
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2019 at 1:08pm by Rat Man »  

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #115 - May 12th, 2019 at 12:18am

I like; it's a long way from the heart Huh

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #116 - May 12th, 2019 at 1:14pm

Germaphobes;
    They amuse more than annoy me but I feel they bear mentioning here.  They run around with their hand sanitizer, wipes, and sprays and believe they are much healthier than the rest of us.
     The air you breathe is full of germs.  The food you eat, everything you touch, drink, etc. is covered in and full of germs.  There are billions of germs in your body at any given moment. Get real. Yes, we should wash our hands after going to the bathroom, bathe or shower regularly, change our underwear, take out the garbage, etc..  Beyond that you're sucking seawater and looking very foolish.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #117 - May 12th, 2019 at 1:28pm

you're showing the backwards way to load toilet roll. Obviously it's meant to hang down the front NOT the back Smiley

I will remedy this in other people's houses, oh yeah lol

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #118 - May 12th, 2019 at 3:23pm

Rat Man wrote on May 12th, 2019 at 1:14pm:
Germaphobes;
    They amuse more than annoy me but I feel they bear mentioning here.  They run around with their hand sanitizer, wipes, and sprays and believe they are much healthier than the rest of us.
     The air you breathe is full of germs.  The food you eat, everything you touch, drink, etc. is covered in and full of germs.  There are billions of germs in your body at any given moment. Get real. Yes, we should wash our hands after going to the bathroom, bathe or shower regularly, change our underwear, take out the garbage, etc..  Beyond that you're sucking seawater and looking very foolish.

One thought I always find mind blowing is that we are actually walking ecosystems. Not only that but our body weight is made up more of "foreign" cells than our "own". I used quotation marks because the prevailing theory for the existence of mitochondria (the powerhouse of the cell...) is that they're an ancient bacteria that got absorbed into some early organisms and just... stayed there. It could be argued that they aren't "supposed" to be there and it's just a happy accident that they stuck around, have been beneficial and been passed on. Then there is all the bacteria in your gut which has been found to influence people's behaviour and mood. Should we include our gut bacteria when we say "I"? Existential crisis here I come!

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Teg
Interfector Viris Spurii

Central Europe
Reply #119 - May 12th, 2019 at 4:47pm

Kick wrote on May 12th, 2019 at 3:23pm:
Then there is all the bacteria in your gut which has been found to influence people's behaviour and mood.

I guess most people who had a longer antibiotics therapy can tell a story about that, regarding mood as well as ... mode of operation of your gut ...  Lips Sealed

Rat Man wrote on May 12th, 2019 at 1:14pm:
Germaphobes;

which may contain the annoying species of antibiotics-overusers... It's not just silly, it's outright dangerous for you as well as for the public health.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, Chris, Rat Man)