Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Another Nålbinding Hat (Read 1054 times)
Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Another Nålbinding Hat
Mar 19th, 2018 at 12:53pm

Finished off another hat for the SO. Came out well but I still need to work on taking it in. Ended up a little deformed but still fits and is warm so all good Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: Another Nålbinding Hat
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 1:53pm

what's an 'SO' ?

Good hat Thumbs Up

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 2:37pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on Mar 19th, 2018 at 1:53pm:
what's an 'SO' ?

Good hat Thumbs Up

Significant Other

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #3 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 3:27pm

Yep significant other. I still feel I have a lot to learn with nålbinding but I've got the hard bit (getting the right tension and an even stitch) down pat (at least with Oslo stitch...). I'm still very slowly working on a large bag but I've also started a smaller pouch for holding all the many needles I've made Cheesy If anyone wants one send me a message; I'm drowning in them!

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #4 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 6:41pm

Nice! When are you going to post a "how to"? You may want to change your user name to The Mad Hatter Cheesy

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #5 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 10:32pm

Seems like you are learning really fast as well. That's a nice looking hat. I second the "How to".

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #6 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 11:50pm

Well I could try and put something together but I think there's already some much better tutorials than I could make out there Cheesy It's really quite a simple skill especially of you are using a simple stitch like Oslo. There's some really fancy decorative stuff you can do with nålbinding that I'm slowly working towards but I've always really preferred utilitarian designs anyway so I don't mind the simple stuff.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Chris, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark)