new vid :) (Read 3131 times)
Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

new vid :)
Mar 10th, 2018 at 6:27pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CggR6kuwNvs&feature=youtu.be

video description:
Quote:
In a grouping graph I added a circle manually containing 70% of the hits (regard the rest as fliers).
tanφ=Ø/distance big circle Ø=tan5,2° x20m= 1,82mØ

IP Logged

Drakolith
Funditor

U.S.
Re: new vid :)
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 11:32pm

I really like how you mark the groupings, I’ve never seen someone else do that for slinging videos. Must take a lot of time to edit all them in.

“When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2018 at 2:54am

it takes some time to make the groupings but the most time is spent to make a video watchable Tongue

making the circle and calculating diameter and then degrees° takes a while this can be easily and more accurately be done by a shooting program (I do everything manually so there are errors). of course a shooting program costs money...

an example https://ontargetshooting.com/ontarget-pc/ i've used the free trial in the past

if you ever find something similar that's free let me know  Wink

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #3 - Mar 11th, 2018 at 12:23pm

It is a really great way of showing the shots. As soon as it's warm enough I'm going out and maybe having a go at doing something similar. Might need to buy a camera though...

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

RS
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #4 - Mar 11th, 2018 at 10:04pm

ur improving

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #5 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 11:29am

The thing about this I find most interesting is how clearly you can see improvements. What editing program are you using?

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #6 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:07pm

Morphy wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 11:29am:
What editing program are you using?

the best. can't say more than that Lips Sealed Tongue

i wouldn't rush to conclusions, i surely improve but i don't think it can be seen from a video to the next, what you see might be a bad day vs a good day.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #7 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 2:24pm

Sarosh wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 1:07pm:
Morphy wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 11:29am:
What editing program are you using?

the best. can't say more than that Lips Sealed Tongue

i wouldn't rush to conclusions, i surely improve but i don't think it can be seen from a video to the next, what you see might be a bad day vs a good day.

Ah, actually I was talking about more in general. I didn't go back and compare it to your previous videos. It's a great tool though, sort of like keeping a visual journal. A year from now you can go back and compare and hopefully see a big difference.

What we as slingers need is ammo that can stick in a target so we can very clearly measure groups without resorting to videos and editing programs.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #8 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 2:28pm

I've found a fresh wooden target and rocks can leave dents which you can then track. Problem is, 15 or even fewer hits it can get a bit hard to distinguish new hits from old and then of course this presupposes you actually hit the target Cheesy

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #9 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 6:28pm

Lots of real close hits man!
What distance are you at?

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #10 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 7:01pm

Tomas wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 6:28pm:
What distance are you at?

20m

IP Logged

manospuercas
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #11 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 11:59pm

Nice Slinging and really good job on the video.

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #12 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 1:27pm

@manospuercas thnx

another vid :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxwYvE0_pk8&feature=youtu.be

this time i was too inconsistent to make a 70% measurement...

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #13 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 3:33pm

Kick wrote on Mar 12th, 2018 at 2:28pm:
I've found a fresh wooden target and rocks can leave dents which you can then track. Problem is, 15 or even fewer hits it can get a bit hard to distinguish new hits from old and then of course this presupposes you actually hit the target Cheesy

Ya eventually that gets pretty tough to differentiate. I've been thinking for awhile about making a sling that is specifically designed to sling small metal bolts (quarrels). Like a Kestros, just much simpler. That would solve the grouping problem but making a backstop capable of withstanding errant shots would be an real undertaking.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #14 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 1:37pm

Oh one thing that did help that I forgot to mention is spray painting the rocks. It was my girlfriend's idea and was actually to help find them in the blueberry bushes behind my targets (limited ammo so have to go chase after them after every shot so I don't lose track of where they land) but I then found that they did transfer a fair amount of paint after each hit. Again, eventually they blur together and I only had red and blue so it didn't take long, but if you had a few different colours it could work fairly well at least for a bit.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, Chris, Kick, vetryan15, Morphy)