Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Shotgun sling ammo (Read 2157 times)
Drakolith
Funditor

U.S.
Shotgun sling ammo
Mar 8th, 2018 at 8:03pm

I was wondering, would metal bbs wrapped in toilet paper work as a sling shotgun round? Or is there something better? There probably is Hahaha.

“When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Re: Shotgun sling ammo
Reply #1 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 8:27pm

I think if you spun it fast enough,  you wouldn't need the tp. I use to do it with 3 or 4 paintballs in a pouch with no issue.

IP Logged

Drakolith
Funditor

U.S.
Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2018 at 8:50pm

Well, paintballs would be like buckshot, I guess I’m looking for more of a bird shot effect.

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #3 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 1:56am

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #4 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 4:32am

Are you looking at proving a concept or are you trying to hunt small game with a spray??

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Drakolith
Funditor

U.S.
Reply #5 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 8:33am

A bit of both I suppose, it would be fun to throw a spread shot, and it would be cool to know if I want/need to I could hunt small game well. I’ve never been hunting, and I probably won’t sling hunt until I get much more skilled with the sling.

Sarosh, ah yes, good ole timpa. That is a shotgun sling, but not what I’m talking about, I’m not asking how to make a shotgun sling, I’m asking how to make a shotgun sling round.

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #6 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 12:04pm

I think it would be somewhat difficult to make a singular round that could be used in any sling and have that shotgun spread. Some modification or specialization of the sling is probably necessary even if it's just a larger than average pouch.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #7 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 1:39pm

Maybe you could try BBs in a cupped bit of paper/toilet roll facing into the sling pouch. I feel it would give a bit tighter of a spread than just the cluster of BBs. I doubt that any true composite projectile would be solid enough to stay together in transport etc yet reliably be dispersed by a sling throw.

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #8 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 2:34pm

the only choices i can find from extreme spread to low spread

1 timpa's shotgun sling
2 small bola projectile. example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qx6Y120Hmk
3 paper(or thin clay container)  wrapped bbs spread on target like a hollow point

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Reply #9 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 2:43pm

Just for the sheer spectacle, I would go with Timpa's Cheesy I would make and use one myself but I don't have much good ammo and most of it is pretty big rocks Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #10 - Mar 9th, 2018 at 5:03pm

U think if you want to spray or kill little critters timpas design is hard to top. As for a round that can be used in any sling , I think you will find problems with accuracy. If it spreads straight out of the pouch it will be a similar design to timpas. if it spreads mid flight is going to be hard to hold it together until then ( not sure how youll consistently get this) and spreading or dispersing on impact is really just a single shot with different penetrating qualities.
I'm interested in what you can figure out. I can see timpa spray clearing out the local warren

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, Chris, Rat Man)