Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
in an old book on peace and warfare...laced war sling socket (Read 4186 times)
RS
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

in an old book on peace and warfare...laced war sling socket
Feb 6th, 2018 at 6:07pm

it was like, when broken down:

go to the potter's field, get old pot shards from broken pottery; smash it into three pile.  one pile is to be smashed into the finest dust, one not so fine, one course.   

take a war sling(black), and smear the inner socket with pitch.  let sit and soak for a day, then just one more light coating. let it sit half a day.  there is no need to ever pitch coat it again.

when time has elapsed, smear coated side of socket in the course pile of clay dust, really good, then into the middle pile, then into the fine pile.  take care that all the pitched area is thoroughly covered in the clay dust.

you may need to re-dip ur socket into the clay from time to time, but no more pitch will ever be required.

the pocket will stay pliable and will not function much differently.

it is to be used to light up brimstone when it leaves the sling. it gives a coded recipe for making those too.  i think i got most of it, but am still researching.  the manufacturing of the stone itself i may have but it had a powdered coating on it that would light up against above said sling socket when done correctly, apparently like a match on a box strip.  it will fly burning and either hit something and explode or reach it's heat point, then explode in the air.  the percussion...from what can be discerned, is massive for the size of the projectiles.  any way i know the powder has something to do with cedar...or i think i know anyway, as cedar is used in making brimstone.  but that is about as far as i have got on that.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Re: in an old book on peace and warfare...laced war sling socket
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 7:03am

Can u start quoting the books, u find this in? Some of us are curious and research it

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #2 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 7:16am

Hmm, greek fire used to do that.
But nobody has the recipe for that.

what you're talking about is the invention of the friction match (lucifers) which didn't happen - I believe - until victorian times.

Before then you had a small glass bulb with sulphuric acid in that wehn broken reacted with the stick coating to cause fire.

What they used to sling were clay pots with a slow fuse and gunpowder and possibly other incendiary material.

And yes - 'old book' doesn't cut the mustard. Please say what book you are getting this from.
Personally I think you're just making it all up - but please prove me wrong Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

RS
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #3 - May 8th, 2018 at 7:52pm

i am not here to cut ur mustard.    believe me or not, i do not give a damn.  now...as for cutting the cheese though, that is a different matter and it slices like this:

empty cleaned out paint pale with lid, make holes in top like u r preparing charcoal with it. which u r.  place rock in bottom of pale, place very minute amount of gold dust on rock, fill pale with cedar chips, very dry cedar chips.  then fill with salt water(ocean), semen and blood... place on open fire.  when the steam stops the smoke will roll high and turn purple( it is really neat when it first happens).  when it reaches it's max and backs down to approx. 40% of what it was at it's height, remove from fire, cover holes with wet cloth until it cools enough to handle the can.  remove rock(careful it will still be very hot) place in running stream of water for half a day. or pool for a full day.

and now mr c.a. please do this one and prove me a liar, by building a huge hot hot fire and throwing the rock in it and  see what happens...please. i await the results of ur trial.  or take those chips, bust them down in a grinder,  adding...on second thought, just use armstrong powder it should burn hot enough(the powder is secret and if the rock is hollowed out on one end, the filled with t he powder when being covered it is self propelling as well.), when rock is still wet, roll in dust let dry for a week....use the above war sling, and see what happens.

yes it works, now i await h.l.s.  the deal was, i'd never share this and they'd never make a law against because no one will know how to do it.  i guess that is going to change now Tongue...number fourteenth file open! Grin

IP Logged

RS
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #4 - May 8th, 2018 at 7:55pm

ps....WARNING: QUARTZ ROCKS ARE DIFFERENT.  THEY INCINERATE EVERYTHING WHEN THEY GO OFF.  the others are more just a strong percussion blast.

IP Logged

RS
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5 - May 8th, 2018 at 9:08pm

one last thing:
Quote:
Greek fire:
But nobody has the recipe for that.

once again u talk above ur paygrade, sir, about stuff u obviously do not know enough about to converse on....

who doesn't have one?
  all because u do not know things do not assume it is universal...go on and do those rock thingies and when u have done so, i will also give u the greek fire recipe...it is in  the same "old book" and we dont have to prove or cut a thing....screw what cuts it to u big boy, the only thing that cuts a thing for me is testing...not books, not ur post, actual field test and result...give it try...try it first, then babble...or just keep showing me all u do not know while acting like u know it all..idc.  the only liar is u for insinuating others are...   Smiley

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #6 - May 8th, 2018 at 9:08pm

Seems legit.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #7 - May 9th, 2018 at 2:27am

All I will say is "burden of proof".

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #8 - May 9th, 2018 at 7:08am

Legit ?
Must be a new usage of the word.
In that not once has RS ever named a source - for anything he's claimed. Admits he got all his info from a drunk bloke who claimed to be a historian.
Constantly make things up.

Also clearly has no knowlege of the history of greek fire Smiley

To be honest I'm just keeping him around for amusement purposes.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #9 - May 9th, 2018 at 8:44am

Curious Aardvark wrote on May 9th, 2018 at 7:08am:
Legit ?
Must be a new usage of the word. 

Old meme. Purely sarcastic. When someone says something completely off the wall- "Seems legit".

I do agree the posts are quite amusing. Im afraid we will all be sorry when it turns out he does indeed have the only copy of several ancient treatise on slinging written by David himself.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #10 - May 12th, 2018 at 8:35am

I can’t believe anyone is taking RS seriously anymore. He is clearly a troll... possibly even invented by one of the members who pretends to argue with him  Shocked

How’s that for a conspiracy theory?  Grin

RS has been around far longer than I have on here, so it isn’t me, but his posts seem like they are designed to try to convince gullible slingers to try dumb things that won’t work.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #11 - May 12th, 2018 at 12:30pm

And that is my only issue here. What's the motivation? Seems like it's to have a laugh at anyone who might believe him. Trolling is one thing but this is just juvenile.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #12 - May 12th, 2018 at 12:50pm

Morphy wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 12:30pm:
And that is my only issue here. What's the motivation? Seems like it's to have a laugh at anyone who might believe him. Trolling is one thing but this is just juvenile.

My guess: boredom. People rehash the same topics over and over, so someone probably invented RS to spice things up a bit. It’s probably one of the old timers on here... most likely American, since he measures distance in feet.  RS obviously knows the history and community well enough to get away with it for months before people started pushing back anyway.

What do you think @Bill Skinnner?  RS seems to know you pretty well, and you both have similar interests in the historical aspects of slinging   Shocked

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #13 - May 12th, 2018 at 1:10pm

If Bill did it, it would actually be funny at least. I don't see any of the regulars doing this. If someone was prone to such behavior it would've come out long ago. CA would probably trace the IP anyways.

I was under the impression it was Apex, but not so sure at this point.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #14 - May 12th, 2018 at 2:19pm

If RS is Apex then this would be the prank of the century. The really small differences in writing style are very hard to fake and there were some things Apex did that were very distinctive and pointed him out as Austrian (I'm pretty sure he was Austrian if I remember correctly). RS is definitely American. Everything about this description of how to make exploding rocks screams Appalachian folk magic. The only thing missing is doing the whole process by the light of a full Moon whilst saying the Lord's Prayer backwards.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus)