Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hit 'target' twice at 78m - 15 shots (Read 780 times)
AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Hit 'target' twice at 78m - 15 shots
Feb 4th, 2018 at 12:42pm

Today I was doing 'target' practice at long distance, I say 'target' because it's not really a target, rather it's an area of 2m by 6m consisting of broken metal fences laying on the ground. I calculated the distance using google maps and it gave me 78 meters. I also calculated my shots and the weight of my ammo, which was in the 150g range. Not perfectly shaped, but adequate for a realistic battle situation. In 15 throws, 2 times I heard a very satisfying metallic clunk. 4 other throws landed very close just behind it, in the water. The other ones were a bit more scattered. I was using helicopter style and a Aussie pouch style sling which has the length of my hand and arm extended. I had the wind in my back. I am quite satisfied with the result. Distance target shooting is really fun, especially when you do it well prepared.
I think I am just skilled enough to be sent as an auxiliary slinger into battle, although I wish I could make more practice hours.  Cheesy

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

Kick
Forum Moderation

Finland
Re: Hit 'target' twice at 78m - 15 shots
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2018 at 1:51pm

Awesome! I wish i had more space for clear distance targets. Saying that even if I had the space it's -13C out there right now with frozen snow on the ground so not ideal slinging weather...

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Re: Hit 'target' twice at 78m - 15 shots
Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2018 at 4:50pm

Kick wrote on Feb 4th, 2018 at 1:51pm:
Awesome! I wish i had more space for clear distance targets. Saying that even if I had the space it's -13C out there right now with frozen snow on the ground so not ideal slinging weather...

The weather has been very mild here this season, I don't think it got lower then -4C and a few days of snow. It's wet though, the stones I do find randomly tend to be muddy and dirty. So I have to take two bags of stones with me from another place.

This road is sparsely visited as it leads to a dead end.
Sadly all that planted forest you see to the right is planned to be cut.

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Chris, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Kick)